Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

@ny92mike

Noticed a duplicate in my workbook.

E 0897 - Ethan Ferrea - WR IND 0897 Ethan Ferrea WR 22 1 0.0% $870,000 $207,000
E 1530 - Keke Coutee - WR IND 1530 Keke Coutee WR 22 1 54.4% $870,000 $30,800
E 0896 - Ethan Fernea - WR IND 0896 Ethan Fernea WR 25 0 0.0% $750,000 $750,000

Had to check because I know nothing about him. But Fernea is the correct spelling, so I think 0897 needs removing.

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

@ny92mike

Noticed a duplicate in my workbook.

E 0897 - Ethan Ferrea - WR IND 0897 Ethan Ferrea WR 22 1 0.0% $870,000 $207,000
E 1530 - Keke Coutee - WR IND 1530 Keke Coutee WR 22 1 54.4% $870,000 $30,800
E 0896 - Ethan Fernea - WR IND 0896 Ethan Fernea WR 25 0 0.0% $750,000 $750,000

Had to check because I know nothing about him. But Fernea is the correct spelling, so I think 0897 needs removing.

If I get a second wind I'll get it tonight.  If not tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

@MaximusGluteus

Think of reserve bids like this.

GB extends a contract offer to one of their FA.  Player wants to test the market to try to get a better offer.

As long  as your reserve bid meets the criteria for a valid offer, this is what can happen...

1.  If no team bids on the player, nothing happens.

2.  another team makes a valid criteria meeting offer then your reserve bid gets compared vs the other bids on that player.  If your reserve bid is higher,  you retain the player. If it's not higher, you lose the player..

If option 1 happens, You can change your reserve bid to reflect the drop in APY for each UFA round

Perfect, thank you!

Giants First Round

Well it wasn't the splash I was hoping for.  Feel good about getting some talent at center to help continue to build this offensive line for Jones.  

The cost was just too high for S. Barkley.  I created a contract for him and it left us with like 4 million so I just couldn't swing it and went Odell instead as receiver is another issue this season.  Got outbid.

Edmunds would have been a nice land for our defense, so that continues to be a point of focus in the early rounds of FA.

With APY values dropping will look to continue to retain players of value.  Was able to secure contracts for Julian Love whom I thought played really well at safety this past season.  Also resigned one of our better corners, in Fabian Moreau.

Still a long ways from having this list resemble a roster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

NYraider is an idiot for trying to make Josh McDaniel look good. lol.

he surely has a blast time playing TCMD.

It's taken some work but I think I've given JMD a roster he can win with, lol. Just have to hit on some value FAs and make the most of my draft capital but acquiring Jones, Payne, Adams, Murphy, Wynn, and Davis is definitely a great start to TCMD.

• Like 1