2022-23 Playoffs RD2!!! Gmen vs. Eagles @ 8:15pm 1/21/2023

Giants4eva

One thing I feel confident about is that this won't be an opening to closing blowout. Very possible that the Eagles win this by multiple scores, but I see it being a close game in the 3rd/early 4th quarter. Whether that is because the teams keep it close all the way through that point, or the Eagles pull ahead only for the Giants to get it back to being closer, I don't know.

All that to say, don't be discouraged if the Eagles come out and look great in their 1st, even their first 2, drives.

• Like 1

Xavier, when asked if there is something about Boston Scott that gives our defense a hard time: "No." 

When asked if being 7 1/2 point underdogs can be an advantage: "No. [...] Nobody's an underdog in the playoffs."

When asked if making the 4th & 8 stop in the Vikings game was gratifying for him: "It was gratifying for my team."

I love you X-Man. Just stay away from ATVs until the offseason. 🍺

To the "we will only get better point", no better cautionary tale than the 2020 Browns. Rookie head coach Kevin Stefanski takes the Browns to a winning record, gets into the playoffs as a wild card, beats a team they lost to in the regular season in the wild card round, then even comes close to beating the Chiefs in the divisional round. Baker Mayfield has a really good year and it looks like they will only get better and compete for the AFC North crown the following year. Then look what happened. We need to enjoy this year for what it is, and while the future looks bright, there is absolutely no guarantee we get back here again next year or in the near future.

I've never seen fans who play the wanna be victim role more than when the Eagles are the 1 seed. There are Philly fans who are scouring the internet and cable channels to find anyone who will say anything negative about them so they can point to it and say "everyone doubts us!". Meanwhile, I've seen one 'expert' pick the Giants out of 18, and they are 7.5 point betting favorites.

We are the underdogs. The team is confident and loose, which they need to be if they have any chance of winning this game.

One more sleep!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I've never seen fans who play the wanna be victim role more than when the Eagles are the 1 seed. There are Philly fans who are scouring the internet and cable channels to find anyone who will say anything negative about them so they can point to it and say "everyone doubts us!". Meanwhile, I've seen one 'expert' pick the Giants out of 18, and they are 7.5 point betting favorites.

We are the underdogs. The team is confident and loose, which they need to be if they have any chance of winning this game.

One more sleep!

That is nothing new with them at all. They did that even the year they won their Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

That is nothing new with them at all. They did that even the year they won their Super Bowl. 

You mean the year where the team with #1 seed/HFA for the 1st time in NFL History was a Home underdog in a Divisional playoff game, that Philadelphia Eagles? They were the only #1 seed team in history to be a Dog in every playoff game during a SB run? Grant it was because  they had a backup QB starting but point stands.

The only similarities with this team and 2017 with most fans is the unknown of Jalen Hurts's ability to play MVP caliber football at QB? Had the injury to his throwing shoulder never occurred,  no one is having these discussions,  let's be real. It did, hence the unknown by all parties. 

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Y'all the opps, but good luck to you boys. 👍

You earned your way to be here today after years of despair. 

Hoping for an injury free and minimal penalties game with a bunch of offensive fireworks. I think a low scoring game is what NY prefers.

Same to to guys! Definitely keeping it low scoring helps the Giants. We can’t do an arms race.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Y'all the opps, but good luck to you boys. 👍

You earned your way to be here today after years of despair. 

Hoping for an injury free and minimal penalties game with a bunch of offensive fireworks. I think a low scoring game is what NY prefers.

You're the classiest Eagles fan on this board @Nabbs4u a close 2nd. Good luck to you guys as well.

• Like 2