Who Will Fill These Gaping Holes?

BetterCallSaul

41 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah he's intriguing. He's a bull rusher that plays well against the run. Has no pass rush plan, but that can be developed.

Yeah all we need really is a LBer that understands how to fit the run correctly. We don't need Luke Kuechley. I want a dude that knows when to scrape vs. filling vs. dropping. Basically, the anti-Deion Jones.

The LB class is absolutely awful IMO. Especially as far as depth is concerned. I have like 5 draftable LB's in this class. Abysmal is an understatement, despite some intriguing players towards the top 3 rounds.

I thought he was atrocious. He's talented, but his run fits were so jacked up that it's not even funny. I've never seen a professional linebacker get pinned inside on power plays more in my life. He either was taught to purposefully eat blocks with his inside arm free (wrong) or is just a moron.

Yeah he'd likely be a better fit as a player compared to even Jesse Bates, to be honest. Regardless of money.

Another positional group that sucks nards. I can't find more than 4 safety prospects that I would consider drafting based on where they're slotted to go. Branch, Battle, Joseph, Ronnie Hickman, and Demarco Hellams are all solid picks, but there's nothing outside of them. And we don't need Battle or Hellams, as they're redundant to what we have.

Basically, I think this draft class blows. I need to look at the small school cats more, but the talent after the 3rd round is bare.

Check out Daiyon Henley at Lb.  He’s old, but I like his game. This is a KamTrus/et all recommendation btw 

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Because you’re praying to God Cooper doesn’t get hurt

I think if Deshaun Watson is as good as we think he can be & our running game is humming, we can get away with DPJ, Bell, Schwartz, Woods, Darden, and probably another rookie. It won't be ideal, but there are playoff teams with much worse WR groups than what we have, even if you subtracted Cooper.

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I think if Deshaun Watson is as good as we think he can be & our running game is humming, we can get away with DPJ, Bell, Schwartz, Woods, Darden, and probably another rookie. It won't be ideal, but there are playoff teams with much worse WR groups than what we have, even if you subtracted Cooper.

Who has a worse WR group?

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sans Cooper we have a middling at best #2 guy and a slew of question marks.  Schwartz doesn’t even look like a pro receiver.  Woods and Bell have shown nothing.

obviously they’re young and can develop, but it’s hard to have confidence of any kind in that group.

Yep. It's a coin flip between WR and LBs in terms of who is the weakest position group on our team today, IMO. Add in DL if you can make a 3-sided coin.

Just now, dawgdish said:

Yep. It's a coin flip between WR and LBs in terms of who is the weakest position group on our team today, IMO. Add in DL if you can make a 3-sided coin.

I think linebacker is easier to fill with day 3 guys than WR.  Same for DT too tbh if we just want a run stuffer.

We need someone else at WR with actual NFL physical traits imo.

43 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think linebacker is easier to fill with day 3 guys than WR

Typically maybe. But this year, the LB class is atrocious on day 3 and beyond. The value of the day 3 WR's will be significantly higher than that of the linebackers on day 3, in my opinion. If we want to upgrade DT and LB, we better do that early. If we want to upgrade DE, we better pray that somehow Felix Anudike-Uzomah falls to us because otherwise, I don't think we're getting a starter in the draft.

Maybe I'm a cynic and I usually hype draft class depth after falling in love with some later-round guys, but I'm not there with this class. I think day 3 is dumpster diving unless you're looking for a CB, interior OL, RB, or WR.