Conference Championship Round: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Ehh we will see how this offseason goes. Lots of questions, best bet if Trey Lance turns into something quickly. But who knows if he even gets a chance to play. 

I would definitely bring Lance back b/c they need insurance at QB b/c we know injuries do happen. If Lance can win the job then go with him and have Brock back up. But the bottom line is that you need a back up QB waiting to take over.

Just now, NFL Network said:

Well next year if the competition is not that great the Niners need to win the SB and right now they are in the mix with the Eagles, Bills, Chiefs & Bengals serving as the main obstacles to the trophy.

The competition is never great year in and year out for the most part. Every decade or so you may get a team that is simply a dominant force of nature, but for the most part, especially in a  cap league, you're just going to have every year be where there are 4-5  really high quality teams gunning for a title. 

1 minute ago, Ftn49 said:

You are, it's pretry comical. I don't know if your good at it or really bad. You only show up at playoff time to talk **** about the qbs and how we are about to be trounced by a superior team. But you "hope" we win and that's not how you want it to be.

Actually I posted during regular season games when I'm near my lap top and yes when I think the Niners are playing an opponent whom I think they lose against I'll say it. I don't sugar coat things and assume they win every game like the fanboys do.

5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

But you're asking him to control a variable that can't be quantified. Injuries are a coin toss, literally. He goes out and signs a QB next year who has never missed a game. Then said QB tears his ACL in TC...are we blaming Shanny again??

You can only control what you can control. I think any play that calls for Tyler Croft blocking Riddick one-on-one should have been scraped from the gameplan completey. But you can't predict the outcome from it.

That's kind of true, and if Shanahan did sign a QB who had never missed a game at the pro level, then he tore his ACL then no he wouldn't shoulder the blame in that situation. But it's results league fair or not. Fortunately, Kyle has gotten great results for the most part.

53 minutes ago, sherm said:

Great season. Sucks the way it ended with injuries but it was a fun ride. This team is still in a great position going forward. 

This is where I'm at.

All these doom and gloom ppl thinking it's going to be harder to get back here again. 

HELL YEA, it will be 

If it were easy then every team could do it.

But this organization has a solid structure.

From the FO, down to our scouting department, to the coaching staff.

Yes, we'll lose players and staff. It happens when you're CONSISTENTLY good.

But as long as Shanny & Lynch are at the helm, I ain't the least bit worried.

I thought back in 2015 how the hell are we gonna replace a Justin Smith?

Patrick Willis?

Bowman?

Gore?

Vernon Davis!

But here we are we a new crop of players leaving their own mark just a few short years later.

Today sucked ***, undoubtedly.

But I think our future us as bright as it's ever been, contrary to popular belief.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

Loss sucks, but this game wasn't even watchable for the most part. Johnson could complete a forward pass but made so many dumb mistakes. Then he gets hurt and it becomes a complete snoozefest and there was nothing we could do 

Edited by 49ersfan

This game was so frustrating. I told @Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 yesterday that the Eagles route conceptions were very simple and they do the same thing over and over offensively and we would be able to stop their passing game....And that's exactly what happened. The corners were playing tight and knew when the deep ball was coming. Some bad holding penalties but can't complain too much about that. CMC had a good amount of success early on and there was stuff to be had in the passing game....If we had even a bottom 60 QB at the helm lol. 

The Eagles are a hell of a ball club but this just feels bad. Would have been a good game and the type we play well in late in games. 

Oh well, sometimes it just isn't meant to be. 

We still should roll with Lance/Purdy and have a cheap QB room. Getting Brady for one year is fine and all but that's going to hurt our cap a bit.

I just wish we bring back Ward, that's all I care about in terms of free agency. The rest is what it is. Hope Jackson takes the next step as a pass rusher and we go after someone like Justin Houston.

Just can't believe how this season ended after we played so well for three months SMH.

• Like 1

I hope Kyle has many sleepless nights ahead during the offseason. He greatly failed Brock and the team with his need to be clever. Our pass blocking is suspect enough, but backup garbage at TE blocking their best rusher is flat out asinine, and not challenging that 4th down conversion early was tarded. 

Taking a moment to appreciate Purdy's postseason stats:
- Most playoff completions in the postseason by a rookie QB: 41, tied with Mark Sanchez in 2009
- Highest playoff completion percentage by a rookie QB(min 16 attempts): 65.08%, beating Matt Ryan's 65.00% in 2008
- Second most playoff passing yards by a rookie QB(min 8 attempts): 569, behind Russell Wilson's 572 in 2012
- Second highest playoff yards per attempt by a rookie QB: 9.03, behind Wilson's 9.23
- Second most passing TDs by a rookie QB: 3, tied with Roethlisberger in 2004, Wilson, and Dak in 2016, and behind Sanchez's 4
- Most playoff combined TDs by a rookie QB: 4, tied with Wilson and Sanchez
- Most playoff passing attempts without an interception: 63, ahead of Norm Van Brocklin's 14 in 1949 and Tyler Huntley's 13 in 2020
- Highest playoff passer rating by a rookie QB(min 8 attempts): 109.8, beating Dak's 103.2
- Seventh rookie QB to make it to a conference championship, after Pat Haden in 1976, Dieter Brock in 1985, Shaun King in 1999, Roethlisberger, Flacco in 2008, and Sanchez
- Third rookie QB to win two playoff games, after Flacco and Sanchez

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I hope Kyle has many sleepless nights ahead during the offseason. He greatly failed Brock and the team with his need to be clever. Our pass blocking is suspect enough, but backup garbage at TE blocking their best rusher is flat out asinine, and not challenging that 4th down conversion early was tarded. 

The thing is we run that concept and play often. Reddick just wasn't fooled so it became impossible for Kroft to stop him. Usually that gets the DE to hesitant a bit but not this time. He's going to have many sleepless nights knowing he had a SB caliber team that did not even have a chance to compete with the QB situation. We would have been better off going with CMC at QB as he could have at least thrown it further than two yards lol.