Early Off-season Moves Discussion

BigD88

On 1/29/2023 at 12:00 AM, WizardHawk said:

Maybe Dallas should just draft OL in rd1. They simply don’t miss. Future is bright for Tyler.

This class doesn’t appear to be strong at RT or OG in the first round, but you know that I’ never complain if we draft o-line early. As I’ve been saying forever:

Offensive line. Defensive line. Early. Often. Annually.

18 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

LOL. Good lord. Proof you can’t fix stupid. 

I’m 50/50 on this. A smart organization planning to move on from one of their most popular players in the locker room isn’t going to go out trashing him in the months before doing it.

But that relies on them being smart. Which, well, they’re pretty inconsistent about.

48 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m 50/50 on this. A smart organization planning to move on from one of their most popular players in the locker room isn’t going to go out trashing him in the months before doing it.

But that relies on them being smart. Which, well, they’re pretty inconsistent about.

I did see a followup to that quote that Stephen said it would have to financial sense for him to come back. So...there's that. 

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Which contracts would you want?

I’m going to assume Dallas clears up to around $35m cap space and Pollard gets tagged. 

LVE, Hankins and Wilson are the other in-house guys I’d prioritize. 

I have a feeling OBJ is going to be on the Cowboy radar pretty heavily. 

Risner would be an upgrade at OG.

Chark would be a nice get, but I bet he gets well above PFF’s projection. OBJ probably will as well. 

Assuming he’s healthy, I like the idea of rotating A’Shawn Robinson with Hankins. 

49 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m going to assume Dallas clears up to around $35m cap space and Pollard gets tagged. 

LVE, Hankins and Wilson are the other in-house guys I’d prioritize. 

I have a feeling OBJ is going to be on the Cowboy radar pretty heavily. 

Risner would be an upgrade at OG.

Chark would be a nice get, but I bet he gets well above PFF’s projection. OBJ probably will as well. 

Assuming he’s healthy, I like the idea of rotating A’Shawn Robinson with Hankins. 

I think I’m out on OBJ. It was one thing when he was the only conceivable upgrade to a huge need while in the thick of the contender group in the NFC.