Week 21 - Conference Finals

Leader

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

I ran out to do an errand quick but I wanted to touch this one more time. Just because I was to say just one more time that as fans we have to stop acting like winning the SB is some sort of puzzle with one correct solution and that whoever wins it just figured out the solution first and that's why they won and we just didn't do the right sequence of moves (purely talking personnel here). But there's so much more to it and so much luck and just having your gameplans hit right and at the right time. Among all the other factors like an injury with Purdy today etc

Straight up. There's a universe out there where Rodgers didn't break his thumb and we're playing in this game. Or a universe where Rodgers didn't play this year because he retired after winning his fifth Super Bowl last year.

We did the best we ******* could and luck didn't go with us. I don't even hate Rodgers, he's been a part of most of my favorite football memories, but it's just so clear that the time is right to make a move. Blaming Gute for going for it this year is unfair, even if hindsight was unkind. Not one of us projected we would miss the playoffs.

Our best shot at another Super Bowl is to try and set up the same thing we did the last two times: build a sustainable winner with a young, prepared QB. Consistently being there in the playoffs is everything. I feel confident we'll get one with Love.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This has to be on Shanahan not putting someone in at QB.  Purdy can't throw.  Neither can CMC or Deebo, but at least they can run.  Heck, put an extra OL out there if you are just going to run the ball.  

Tough *** spot. CMC and Deebo aren't all that used to taking snaps either.

At least it's not long until the next game.

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

But Purdy out there is just slightly better than having me out there right now. 

When he went out there, I assumed he could maybe kinda throw. Yeah idk. I don't think it would have mattered lol so I won't put it on Kyle