Week 21 - Conference Finals

Leader

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Could be. I could still see Lynch go on full tilt after another loss though. It would have to be creative without a 1st or 2nd this year, but wouldn't shock me to see Lynch take a run at it and maybe dangle some young players.

I'd bet he'd mortgage his future draft picks over young players helping him get a ring. I could see Lynch go back to the booth if he won a ring and leave the mess for the next guy. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Could be. I could still see Lynch go on full tilt after another loss though. It would have to be creative without a 1st or 2nd this year, but wouldn't shock me to see Lynch take a run at it and maybe dangle some young players.

The problem is San Francisco isn't going to take from their core, and Rodgers could always use the threat of retirement to block a trade if he feels they're giving up too many pieces from their core.  LIS, I think San Francisco is dead unless they can get some significant draft picks back for Trey Lance.  There was a discussion in NFL General about a potential trade package (33 + 65 + conditional 2nd + 3rd next year to the Texans) for Trey Lance.  I'm not sure that's likely, but if you get 33 plus some of those picks it makes it easier to swallow.

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

I'd bet he'd mortgage his future draft picks over young players helping him get a ring. I could see Lynch go back to the booth if he won a ring and leave the mess for the next guy. 

Sure you'd choose picks over players but the point is he might not have that luxury if he wants to be at the Rodgers trade table.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Sure you'd choose picks over players but the point is he might not have that luxury if he wants to be at the Rodgers trade table.

I was thinking he'd give up picks in future years. Again, I have no idea what you get for Rodges at this point but imagine it's higher haul in future picks than this year. 

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The problem is San Francisco isn't going to take from their core.

That's the question. Who is a "core" player in Lynch's mind vs who does he think can be replaced. For example, with Deebo and Kittle there is Aiyuk an untradable "core" player? What about a guy like Hufanga? Kinlaw? 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm with ya! I have opinions but if internet posters think they have all the answers why are they on a computer? Get in the arena, to be a scout and see how far you get. 

I've had issues with Gute (not trading Rodgers) but my job isn't at stake if I make the wrong move either. 

Can't criticize someone's job results unless you yourself try to obtain said job. Super smart take!

Long time lurker, but this board is unreadable *exclusively* because of Norm. Maybe he didn't know that, so I tried to tell him nicely. 

1 minute ago, WheresWallace said:

Can't criticize someone's job results unless you yourself try to obtain said job. Super smart take!

Long time lurker, but this board is unreadable *exclusively* because of Norm. Maybe he didn't know that, so I tried to tell him nicely. 

Well, *I* am exceptionally intelligent, and handsome, right?  RIGHT?

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That's the question. Who is a "core" player in Lynch's mind vs who does he think can be replaced. For example, with Deebo and Kittle there is Aiyuk an untradable "core" player? What about a guy like Hufanga? Kinlaw? 

I'm struggling to find a scenario in which a player has enough trade value to affect the balance of the trade, but not too valuable that Lynch is going to want to keep.  LIS, I think it's gonna have to involve pick(s) from a Trey Lance trade.