Week 21 - Conference Finals

Leader

Just now, incognito_man said:

The NFL gets their Superbowl... Mr Irrelevant vs Joe Cool

They really write themselves regardless don't they

Yeah I don't think that stuff matters. Most people do not care about the freaking Kelce brothers (does anyone?) or Andy Reid going back, meh. Everyone watches the SB anyways. They got two 1 seeds with pretty rabid/large fanbases. Cool. All the rest is filler/noise.

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

Serious question, it's a flag under the rules but those who are fine with it. If you were in charge, would you want that to be called? I know it's hard to tell how hard someone pushes etc etc. But man. I'd be sick if I was a CIN fan.

It was the right call, but I don't have to like it.

Back in the day it wouldn't have been called, but it is a different world now and should have been called for consistency.

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Bad play? He did exactly what any coach would demand of him, fans are just to brainwashed by the NFL to see it. He busted his *** to try and keep the Chiefs out of FG range.

The DB was tryin' REAL hard to get an interception but he got there early. Is it not pass interference because the DB really really wanted the interception?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BluePacker said:

It was the right call, but I don't have to like it.

Back in the day it wouldn't have been called, but it is a different world now and should have been called for consistency.

This is correct. I'm still kinda stuck with the hold (that I felt was obvious) that got him into that position anyways. Call both and they get it after that, so be it. But yes you have to call it bc you always do. Like you said, don't have to like it.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

The DB was tryin' REAL hard to get an interception but he got there early. Is it not pass interference because the DB really really wanted the interception?

Not trying to keep this going but his back touch doesn't affect the outcome there. And getting there early might stop the WR from making the play?

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Pass interference is a foul within the actions of a play, unnecessary roughness is a penalty dealing with player intent.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

That was the most obvious penalty ever, guys. It would have been absolutely outrageous if they didn't flag that ha

Totally justified. 100% the right call.

Still not really what was being argued, not from me anyways.

Just now, incognito_man said:

The penalty is on the intent of the defensive player trying to hurt the offensive player... Not illegal contact, not interference, but the fact that one man playing the game went out of their way to hurt the other player, or as they call it rough the other player. So it's not as simple as watching physically gifted human flying at each other. It's whether or not they are making a malicious intent to hurt someone. That didn't happen on that play. It was a bad call. 

Just now, Norm said:

Not trying to keep this going but his back touch doesn't affect the outcome there. And getting there early might stop the WR from making the play?

I don't think that's relevant. Every late hit doesn't affect the play, but certainly we still need that category of penalties right?