7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

What are you trading if you're looking to acquire either

Zadarius Smith

A 6th. 

Dalvin Cook?

A 3rd or 4th,

I wouldn't trade anything for either as a Browns fan. We're too broke and too strong at RB to do that. If I'm another franchise, that's what I'd be willing to give up. Essentially nothing that's gonna make MIN happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JMG5 said:

Hence the heavily incentivized deal. If he can't stay on the field then he doesn't get paid.

So a WR with a $70M cap hit next year is going to take less money out of the goodness in his heart?  His love for NO?  I'll fill you in on a secret, he ain't taking a DIME less than what he is owed bc HE has the leverage.

36 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So a WR with a $70M cap hit next year is going to take less money out of the goodness in his heart?  His love for NO?  I'll fill you in on a secret, he ain't taking a DIME less than what he is owed bc HE has the leverage.

He has a $33M roster bonus due March 17th. He does not get that roster bonus if he's cut. He is not returning on his current contract or anything close to it. They either work out an incentive based deal to get him to stay and smooth his cap hits or he gets cut. I don't see how that's very difficult to follow. You being condescending is unnecessary.

Edited by JMG5
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

He has a $33M roster bonus due March 17th. He does not get that roster bonus if he's cut. He is not returning on his current contract or anything close to it. They either work out an incentive based deal to get him to stay and smooth his cap hits or he gets cut. I don't see how that's very difficult to follow. You being condescending is unnecessary.

So he gets cut and the cap hit is what?  $26M and costs $13M more against the cap than it does to just pay him.  So again, why would Michael Thomas rework his deal to take less money when he has no reason to?

22 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So he gets cut and the cap hit is what?  $26M and costs $13M more against the cap than it does to just pay him.  So again, why would Michael Thomas rework his deal to take less money when he has no reason to?

They save roughly $1m on the cap this year if the designate him a post-June 1st cut, spreading out his dead cap hit over the next two years. He has a large dead cap hit due to restructuring his base salary and roster bonuses from previous years into signing bonuses and spreading the hits out over multiple seasons. He has already received this money and will not receive more if cut.

As for why: Familiarity with the system, a new QB that he has expressed interest in playing with, and the ability to rehabilitate your value. He will get a better contract with us than he would as a free agent on the open market. No one is signing him to a contract that isn't heavily incentivized with low guarantees with his injury history.

26 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

NFL minimum and $100,000 a catch, who says no?

Not sure if you're serious, but both.

• Like 1