2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

IF somehow this scenario plays out, the memes are going to be absolutely glorious with my Ravens brethren, as are my petty dig up posts going back like 5 years. As a Browns fan, I no longer care about winning, I care about everyone else being as miserable as I am.

the rams will get a third round comp pick for baker? come on ravens, do it!

23 hours ago, Acgott said:

If it’s not guaranteed it’s not a paycut. That’s all what matters I don’t think he’ll see a big loss. I’ll be shocked if he can only get 1 year. Teams need quarterbacks.

His deal was 3 yr/121M, don’t think his APY will be as high but he’ll have significantly more GTD money. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His deal was 3 yr/121M, don’t think his APY will be as high but he’ll have significantly more GTD money. 

It’s going to be extremely close if not more. He’s the top quarterback hitting free agency by a mile. Plenty of teams need quarterbacks.

On 2/14/2023 at 10:48 AM, NYRaider said:

One of our beat writers said he declined the trade after they asked him to take a pay cut. 

Paycut or restructure?  And the problem was that Carr doesn't have any GTD money after the trade, which means the Saints would effectively be getting a year-by-year deal with Carr.  And even if they restructured his 2023 salary, they'd still save more money by releasing him after the 2023 season.  This feels partially about being petty to the Raiders' organization but also protecting his long-term interests.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Paycut or restructure?  And the problem was that Carr doesn't have any GTD money after the trade, which means the Saints would effectively be getting a year-by-year deal with Carr.  And even if they restructured his 2023 salary, they'd still save more money by releasing him after the 2023 season.  This feels partially about being petty to the Raiders' organization but also protecting his long-term interests.

They asked him to take a pay cut according to our beat guys. His brother literally just said in NFL network that he was open to helping facilitate a trade but things just didn’t work out. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

What teams can afford to give him a top 5 QB deal though?

He's not sniffing the $45M+/year range, he's probably coming in that $33.5M/year-$38M/year range if I had to take a guess.  But more importantly, I think it's also how the deal is structured.  Use New Orleans for example, they're pretty much already pushed up against the cap, so they could structure it in a way where Y1 cap hit is pretty low, and then make it impossible to move on from him after a year.  Not quite to the extent that Watson's contract was done, but in that vein.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They asked him to take a pay cut according to our beat guys. His brother literally just said in NFL network that he was open to helping facilitate a trade but things just didn’t work out. 

If there's any truth to that, then the Raiders' FO is more inept than I thought they were.  It was gonna have to be done because through a restructure.  And I figured the Saints would need to further guarantee money on the deal.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

If there's any truth to that, then the Raiders' FO is more inept than I thought they were.  It was gonna have to be done because through a restructure.  And I figured the Saints would need to further guarantee money on the deal.

Our front office was the only one that gave out a big QB extension and were able to get out of it after a year with basically 0 dead money. The Feb 15 deadline and NTC killed our chance of trading him but I think those things had to be included for him to accept a 121M deal with 9M in GTD money. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What would it take for Lamar to land in Atlanta? 3 FRPs plus more? 

When they were trying for Watson last year there was talk of AJ Terrell being included. I'm just not sure the Falcons are in a position to give up the farm to bring in a QB who though is great on his day does struggle with injuries and the best part of his game isn't based around him getting the ball to the Falcons last two 1st round picks.