2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

8 hours ago, biggie. said:

There's definitely some hints that Trey Lance will be moved. Lynch scratching his head and looking uncomfortable answering the question is pretty damning.

lol. 

I once saw Zac Taylor scratch his eyebrow, they are probably getting ready to offload Burrow.

I think we are going to get to see Trey Lance get a chance to prove himself to start this season while Purdy recovers.

It doesn’t make sense financially or where we are with Purdy’s health to dump him for anything other than a big haul, which we are unlikely to get based on his lack of playing time. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Because they could be more sold on Purdy and down on Lance and feel this could be the best time to sell at the highest position they possibly can. 

Lance has more value for them as a backup this year than any draft capital they could get for him, especially with his dead cap, especially with Purdy's injury

Edited by jonnguy2015

3 hours ago, GW21 said:

lol. 

I once saw Zac Taylor scratch his eyebrow, they are probably getting ready to offload Burrow.

I think we are going to get to see Trey Lance get a chance to prove himself to start this season while Purdy recovers.

It doesn’t make sense financially or where we are with Purdy’s health to dump him for anything other than a big haul, which we are unlikely to get based on his lack of playing time. 

Agreed.  I think the ONLY way it'd make sense for the 49ers to move Trey Lance is if it was part of a deal that got them a more win-now QB, i.e. Rodgers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Rumors that the browns want a bunch of Eagles defensive linemen- Hargrave, Cox, and Graham.

Makes sense. Eagle can't afford them and there is 30 sacks split among them. Regardless of age. 

I'd assume Hargrave is priority #1.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Makes sense. Eagle can't afford them and there is 30 sacks split among them. Regardless of age. 

I'd assume Hargrave is priority #1.

There are rumors we want to offer him specifically 20 mil per year. Here’s why these rumors make sense:

1. Berry spent time with the Eagles

2. You obviously know about Jim Schwartz’s connection 

3. We need d-line help bad, especially at DT

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I thought Hopkins and BoB hated each other?

Unlikely that there’s much love there.

Don’t need to be in love to work together, though (plus there’s the Belichick connection). Revis called Belichick a disrespectful jerk and then joined the team a few years later. Michael Bennett didn’t like NE either.