2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The only thing that would worry me if I were the Bengals is there's a chance that Mixon and Zeke both fall off of a cliff next season. The Chargers make the most sense, imo. He'd be able to play with Kellen Moore and they could really use a bigger, power back to compliment Austin Ekeler. They also seem like a team that might be more inclined to push to contend because their cap situation doesn't look great after next season.

Zeke with the Chargers makes a lot of sense as far as fit goes, but I don't know if it makes sense from their FO's perspective. They already don't want to pay Ekeler. Are they going to switch gears so drastically and pay both Ekeler and Zeke?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Zeke with the Chargers makes a lot of sense as far as fit goes, but I don't know if it makes sense from their FO's perspective. They already don't want to pay Ekeler. Are they going to switch gears so drastically and pay both Ekeler and Zeke?

How much do you think Zeke is going to get? The RB market has been brutal this offseason.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35895924/why-baltimore-ravens-quarterback-lamar-jackson-makes-sense-indianapolis-colts

Indianapolis did not rule out having discussions with Jackson, according to a team source. However, the club has not taken any substantive steps regarding Jackson and it is unclear whether it intends to do so. Team sources have expressed skepticism about pursuing Jackson.

Sjsu Theres A Chance GIF by San Jose State Spartans

11 minutes ago, adamq said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35895924/why-baltimore-ravens-quarterback-lamar-jackson-makes-sense-indianapolis-colts

Indianapolis did not rule out having discussions with Jackson, according to a team source. However, the club has not taken any substantive steps regarding Jackson and it is unclear whether it intends to do so. Team sources have expressed skepticism about pursuing Jackson.

If they love Stroud/Young but aren't very high on Richardson/Levis, then I could see them potentially making a move for Lamar. 

14 minutes ago, adamq said:

This would give me heartburn. Jonathan Taylor, Lamar Jackson and Michael Pittman Jr seems like a very potent offense…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

MPJ is kind of mid. But Lamar / Taylor would be unstoppable. 

He’s mid overall, but he’s the type of oversized WR Lamar likes throwing to (think Mark Andrews - who is realistically a TE in name only). MPJ has a large catch radius and can really run 1-6 on the route tree as well as anyone else, which is Lamar’s sweet spot in terms of where he likes to go with the ball. 

I’d expect a resurgence from him with Lamar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He’s mid overall, but he’s the type of oversized WR Lamar likes throwing to (think Mark Andrews - who is realistically a TE in name only). MPJ has a large catch radius and can really run 1-6 on the route tree as well as anyone else, which is Lamar’s sweet spot in terms of where he likes to go with the ball. 

I’d expect a resurgence from him with Lamar.

Pierce as a deep threat is not too bad either

• Like 1

Cam Newton is throwing at the Auburn Pro Day lol. “There aren’t 32 qbs in the league better than me”. Let’s just hope he can complete 60% of his passes there, a feat he only accomplished in 4 years of his 11 year career 

• Like 2