What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You think the same GM that whiffed on Zach Wilson is getting an opportunity to draft it again?  I want whatever you're having.

Not that uncommon nowadays. Ryan Pace was on a far hotter seat than Douglas and they still let him trade up in the first to take Justin Fields. Rosen was gone after one year. Jets can atleast spin it as if they tried to acquire Rodgers. I don't think not getting him is as bad for Douglas as the rest of you think it is.

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Jets 20-46 record since he took over led me to believe he was something of a mastermind. 

You do realize the old GM hired Adam gase in January 2019 and he got hired in June 2019? He was pretty much screwed for the first 2 years

Just now, Greene N White said:

You do realize the old GM hired Adam gase in January 2019 and he got hired in June 2019? He was pretty much screwed for the first 2 years

His first year was actually his best statistically speaking, lol. I like the job Douglas has done but he really cannot afford to miss on Rodgers.

Just now, NYRaider said:

His first year was actually his best statistically speaking, lol. I like the job Douglas has done but he really cannot afford to miss on Rodgers.

I don't think he's the best GM in NFL history like some Jets fans but they guy built a pretty competitive roster pretty quickly from scratch.

1 minute ago, Greene N White said:

I don't think he's the best GM in NFL history like some Jets fans but they guy built a pretty competitive roster pretty quickly from scratch.

The only real blemish he has on his resume right now is Zach Wilson. Becton hasn't worked out great either but that's not really on JD. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

I mean, 3 FRPs plus an early SRP is like a cheat code.  You give that kind of draft capital to any GM, and if they're not walking away with a strong haul of players they're probably getting fired.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, 3 FRPs plus an early SRP is like a cheat code.  You give that kind of draft capital to any GM, and if they're not walking away with a strong haul of players they're probably getting fired.

I mean it wasn't given to him he is the one who acquired all of those picks by making good trades and he hit a home run on all of them.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If the Jets aren't close to what the Packers want, yeah.

Can GB realistically have Rodgers on the team this year past week 1 (consider the additional round(s) of guaranteed money that spill into GB's 24/25/26 cap if he stays on the roster past the option date)? I say no

Will Aaron play for another team that enters the bidding (or does he quietly just say "I won't report")? I don't know; represents a risk to assume another team will enter the bidding and that he would play for them.

My favorite solution (so both teams can spin it)- swap 13 for 15, include a 2023 3/4, and a 24 3 that escalates to a 1 based on Jets team success.

GB gets to say "2 FRP included in Rodgers trade"

Jets get to say "Basically two 3rd rounders but the future 1st is if we win a super bowl so we're still happy"

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This is spearheaded by Woody Johnson. Sincerely doubt he would fire Douglas if it didn’t happen.

1 minute ago, sinceAtikevike said:

Can GB realistically have Rodgers on the team this year past week 1 (consider the additional round(s) of guaranteed money that spill into GB's 24/25/26 cap if he stays on the roster past the option date)? I say no

Will Aaron play for another team that enters the bidding (or does he quietly just say "I won't report")? I don't know; represents a risk to assume another team will enter the bidding and that he would play for them.

My favorite solution (so both teams can spin it)- swap 13 for 15, include a 2023 3/4, and a 24 3 that escalates to a 1 based on Jets team success.

GB gets to say "2 FRP included in Rodgers trade"

Jets get to say "Basically two 3rd rounders but the future 1st is if we win a super bowl so we're still happy"

So the Packers get a 3/4 and most likely 3 or 2 the next year? That trade sucks. 

3 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

I mean it wasn't given to him he is the one who acquired all of those picks by making good trades and he hit a home run on all of them.

Let me get this straight, you want me to praise a GM for making a trade any GM in their right mind would do?  Sam Darnold for a SRP was a no brainer.  Jamaal Adams for 2 FRPs was a no brainer.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

This is spearheaded by Woody Johnson. Sincerely doubt he would fire Douglas if it didn’t happen.

If the Jets have another losing season I think he's definitely on the hot seat. Most GM's don't make it to year 6 after 5 consecutive losing seasons.

5 minutes ago, sinceAtikevike said:

No.  But I've also been pretty adamant that a Rodgers' trade gets done before then.  The Packers' hard deadline is Week 1, when his option bonus has to be exercised.  They don't have to trade him before than unless they get the package they feel they want/need.

You have to remember, the Packers eat an additional $8.7M in dead cap this year when they trade Aaron Rodgers.  The only way that the Packers don't have a $40M+ dead cap is if they trade him post-June 1st, and then they'd spread the cap hits over 2 years instead of 1.  But if I'm the Packers, I'd want to eat all the dead cap this year instead of spreading it out over 2 years.  So if a Rodgers' deal isn't done before the draft, my asking price goes up at that point.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let me get this straight, you want me to praise a GM for making a trade any GM in their right mind would do?  Sam Darnold for a SRP was a no brainer.  Jamaal Adams for 2 FRPs was a no brainer.

Pretty cynical view of how trades are done. These trades don't just land in your lap. Shopping a player and getting the return you want for said player is part of the job. Just because you perceive the trade to be an obvious yes doesn't mean the GM working the situation didn't play their cards well.

Obviously if you make good deals you deserve praise. Doing anything but that seems very odd to me.

• Like 2