What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

23 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

One team has nothing to lose/gain saying they are out.  The other is doing everything they can to gain any oz of leverage they can.  Now that the Raiders GM basically said as much do you believe it now or still just speculation?

I'm not 100% sure the Jets are in unless that asking price is much lower than expected.  Rumors around the Jets beat suggest they're in at the right price.  Douglas has shown if the price is too high he'll walk.

Tony Pauline agrees with me:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-combine-news-rumors-takeaways-day-4-2023/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

So not terribly far off from what I suggested.

I think it’s pretty rich to expect three fr picks and it’s more than likely a first and second if it’s multiple, so I’d say on the low side of what you expect. 

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I think it’s pretty rich to expect three fr picks and it’s more than likely a first and second if it’s multiple, so I’d say on the low side of what you expect. 

Reading it correctly actually helps.  There's a pick swap (13 for 15) which is worth roughy an early 4th round pick. So the notion that 3 FRPs being traded is comical unless you're ignoring the fact that the Jets would be getting back the 15th pick.  Secondly, future picks are devalued so you're either going to have to trade more in the future or less in the present.  This particularly trade scenario leaves the Jets with the 15th pick to help supplement their roster after the Rodgers' trade.  If you'd prefer to send the 13th pick and not receive back #15, I'm sure there's a deal that can be made there.  And if you look at the conditions that I mentioned, I'd project those picks as a '23 4th Round Pick (pick swap value), a '24 FRP, and a '25 SRP.  That's pretty much exactly what you suggested.

On 3/3/2023 at 2:03 PM, Rockice_8 said:

One team has nothing to lose/gain saying they are out.  The other is doing everything they can to gain any oz of leverage they can.  Now that the Raiders GM basically said as much do you believe it now or still just speculation?

I'm not 100% sure the Jets are in unless that asking price is much lower than expected.  Rumors around the Jets beat suggest they're in at the right price.  Douglas has shown if the price is too high he'll walk.

Leverage.  The last thing the Raiders want to appear is desperate to land Aaron Rodgers.  That puts significantly more leverage in those trade discussions IF the Packers believe the Raiders are desperate to land Rodgers.  The Raiders are doing their due diligence by doing their research on the rookie QBs as they should.  But I'd hardly close the books on them acquiring Rodgers since it doesn't benefit the Raiders to announce they want Rodgers.

And the Jets are absolutely in the mix.  It's been reported by multiple sources.  Now whether or not they're able to pry Rodgers free is another discussion.  That remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Reading it correctly actually helps.  There's a pick swap (13 for 15) which is worth roughy an early 4th round pick. So the notion that 3 FRPs being traded is comical unless you're ignoring the fact that the Jets would be getting back the 15th pick.  Secondly, future picks are devalued so you're either going to have to trade more in the future or less in the present.  This particularly trade scenario leaves the Jets with the 15th pick to help supplement their roster after the Rodgers' trade.  If you'd prefer to send the 13th pick and not receive back #15, I'm sure there's a deal that can be made there.  And if you look at the conditions that I mentioned, I'd project those picks as a '23 4th Round Pick (pick swap value), a '24 FRP, and a '25 SRP.  That's pretty much exactly what you suggested.

Y’all gonna end up with one FRP and I’ll be right here to remind you about it.

Edited by FloydFan

On 3/4/2023 at 3:54 PM, CWood21 said:

Leverage.  The last thing the Raiders want to appear is desperate to land Aaron Rodgers.  That puts significantly more leverage in those trade discussions IF the Packers believe the Raiders are desperate to land Rodgers.  The Raiders are doing their due diligence by doing their research on the rookie QBs as they should.  But I'd hardly close the books on them acquiring Rodgers since it doesn't benefit the Raiders to announce they want Rodgers.

And the Jets are absolutely in the mix.  It's been reported by multiple sources.  Now whether or not they're able to pry Rodgers free is another discussion.  That remains to be seen.

How does saying you are exploring all options or something like that sound desperate?  GB knows for sure because they are having these talks behind closed doors.  There is zero leverage gained by LV for saying they're out.  Does that mean GB will lower their asking price because LV said publicly they're out?  Obviously not so there is no reason to say it publicly unless they are really out.  Even if they jump back in in the 11th hour it's not helping lower the asking price.  Only way the asking price goes down is if there is only one bidder.

It makes sense they would be out too because they aren't contenders by just adding Rodgers.  They are much smarter going the draft route and continuing to build their roster.  And no they aren't losing draft leverage because this Rodgers thing will be over long before the draft.  LV is really out.