What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

6 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Part of me thinks this is still a ploy for attention. I don’t think he wants at least in this point of his career to go somewhere and have to be the savior for a team that thinks of themselves as a “QB away”

They're in a weird spot because they need to evaluate Jordan Love.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

They're in a weird spot because they need to evaluate Jordan Love.

Love has sat on the bench three years. They absolutely need to get rid of one of them. If I'm Love, I'm not sitting on the bench a 4th year in a row. Just like when Rodgers sat on the bench three seasons, and Favre tried to come back, they told him no. The Packers have to keep one and get rid of one. If they keep both, their relationship with Love will already be ruined. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Love has sat on the bench three years. They absolutely need to get rid of one of them. If I'm Love, I'm not sitting on the bench a 4th year in a row. Just like when Rodgers sat on the bench three seasons, and Favre tried to come back, they told him no. The Packers have to keep one and get rid of one. If they keep both, their relationship with Love will already be ruined. 

They also have to make a decision on Love's 5th year option this summer.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

While this could be Favre-Rodgers all over again, it also easily could be otherwise. If Love isn't flashing big time, it might behoove him to ride it out backing up Rodgers in year four and hope he can trojan horse his way into an extension by GB (or a FA offer if he walks after this season) based on his unknown potential. At the very least, it might earn him a year of a franchise/transition tag. If he isn't it and looks like garbage this year, he might not get anything close to that the rest of his career. He might get $20+mil in year five as a lotto ticket/saving face by Green Bay or blow it this year and get $5mil/yr or less of he looks like a busy starting this year.

TL;DR Jordan Love still is truly an unknown

On 2/22/2023 at 9:41 AM, vegas492 said:

So someone will need to be still in love with Lance as a prospect for this to have any momentum.

While GB has to be content with what could be lesser picks.

I knew it was tough...did not know it was that tough.  But thank you.

Demeco Ryans who practiced against him for a couple years would be a potential person that might want him having more knowledge about the person than most. Titans new GM also had a part in drafting Lance if they move Tannehill.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Raiders will look elsewhere probably Baker, Jimmy, and/or a draft pick. The Jets look like they have a decent chance at signing Carr. Aaron Rodgers will be back in Green Bay next season, the Raiders should call on Jordan Love though.

A conditional 4th for Jordan Love tbh

On 2/22/2023 at 11:11 AM, CWood21 said:

I could see Tennessee, New England, and Washington having varying levels of interest in him.

Tennessee is burning it down to nothing - and even with their Red Wedding yesterday, they only have roughly $4mm in available cap. 

The following scenarios are more likely:

1. Green Bay trades Rodgers to Minnesota for a 2024 7th round pick, and Rodgers serves as Kirk Cousins backup.

2. Green Bay signs Rodgers to a 10 year/$580mm extension.

3. Green Bay trades Rodgers and a 3rd round pick to Kansas City for Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill (Miami takes one for the team) and a 1st round pick.

Titans are blowing it up in a significant way - trading for Rodgers in the middle of that blast zone makes little sense from a financial sense as well as a football sense.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Titans are blowing it up in a significant way - trading for Rodgers in the middle of that blast zone makes little sense from a financial sense as well as a tactical sense.

They also still have Tannehill under contract ($18M dead cap) and one of the worst WR/TE groups in the NFL. I can't imagine that he'd be thrilled about it.

• Like 1