What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Sam Darnold was 920k for his first year in Carolina and $18.9M in his second year.  Carson Wentz was $28.9M in his only year in Washington.  And Matt Ryan was $18.7M in his only year in Indianapolis.  You're making the argument for me.  I appreciate it.

apparently you missed the dead cap part of the equation

22 minutes ago, squire12 said:

apparently you missed the dead cap part of the equation

I would assume the dead cap for the guys acquired sans Darnold were $0, but I don't have their information available.  But of those 3, how many of them are legit MVP candidates?

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I would assume the dead cap for the guys acquired sans Darnold were $0, but I don't have their information available.  But of those 3, how many of them are legit MVP candidates?

so you agree that the dead cap ramifications for the new team is very different vs a Rodgers deal.  MVP or not, the dead cap matters 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Incognito especially, but he’s always wrong anyways. 

What a beta move, can't even @ me...

Anyway, what I've said in this thread exactly once each about Aaron Rodgers trade value:

(1) If I was another team I wouldn't consider trading what it would take EXCEPT for SF. Otherwise I don't think he's worth it to another team.

(2) I believe Rodgers will ultimately fetch a nice trade package because he's a financially valuable employee to an owner.

(3) I surmised the total return on a trade for Rodgers would be worth at least the equivalent of picks 30, 31 in the draft. Which, according to various charts is about pick 10-12.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

so you agree that the dead cap ramifications for the new team is very different vs a Rodgers deal.  MVP or not, the dead cap matters 

Rams just won a SB with a 24m Goff dead cap charge, the dead cap for Rodgers won't really matter. Not ideal, but for a franchise like that, worth the gamble and not a killer. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rams just won a SB with a 24m Goff dead cap charge, the dead cap for Rodgers won't really matter. Not ideal, but for a franchise like that, worth the gamble and not a killer. 

you think the Jets would be legit super bowl contenders in 2023 adding Rodgers?

13 minutes ago, squire12 said:

you think the Jets would be legit super bowl contenders in 2023 adding Rodgers?

Why not? On March 7, 2022 did you think the Eagles were legit SB contenders?

If Rodgers plays similar to 2020 and 2021, absolutely they're contenders.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Why not? On March 7, 2022 did you think the Eagles were legit SB contenders?

AFC vs NFC is a different level of path

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

If Rodgers plays similar to 2020 and 2021, absolutely they're contenders.

expecting that level of resurgence is interesting

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Where did I say I'm expecting it?

Assuming that Rodgers can take that Jets team and beat out Josh Allen for the division, then have to win against Joe Burrow and Patrick Mahomes is sort of the beginning of an expectation.

The AFC has an established pecking order, and Rodgers with the Jets really doesn’t change that.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Assuming that Rodgers can take that Jets team and beat out Josh Allen for the division, then have to win against Joe Burrow and Patrick Mahomes is sort of the beginning of an expectation.

The AFC has an established pecking order, and Rodgers with the Jets really doesn’t change that.

They certainly wouldn't be the favorite, but if their defense continues on the trend it's been on under Saleh, and they get even average Rodgers level QB play over the last 4 years, that's going to be by far the best team the Jets have had in awhile. Don't see why simply saying they'd be in contention would be far fetched.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Don't see why simply saying they'd be in contention would be far fetched.

Being in contention and legit Super Bowl contenders are two different things to me; LAC and Baltimore are in contention, whoever wins the AFCS is in contention. Depending on which Deshaun Watson shows up, Cleveland is contention. If the Sean Payton/Russell Wilson pairing brings DangeRUSS back, Denver is in contention. You’re right in saying an Aaron Rodgers-led Jets are in contention.

The only three teams in the AFC that are legit Super Bowl contenders? Buffalo, KC and Cincy. 

• Like 1