What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Agreed. 2 best ways to hunt for a QB are either process 1st round picks until you win the lottery, or build a team with an obvious missing QB piece and hope there's somebody disgruntled you can get as a free agent or trade for on the cheap.

Bucs are the posterchild for it, but the Saints and 9ers have had varying degrees of success with it too.

Even Denver...sure they dragged Peyton Manning's corpse to a title his last year, but that 2012 team thanks to Rahim Moore was "the law of averages" there too.

The Saints with Brees come to mind as well.

• Like 1

Just now, jetjuice said:

Adams was NOT under contract if he didn't sign his franchise tender.

You would've been better off not even posting that article, that does absolutely nothing to solidify your entirely subjective claim.

It's worthless to argue with you, you're a Jets fan with absolutely no horse or insight in the Davante trade. Imagine trying to tell a diehard Packers fan who has an entire shelving unit of his mancave dedicated to Davante memorabilia/autos/photos how the Tae trade went down. 😂classic.

I'll say this for Green Bay:

If they get rid of Rodgers, they should go all in on a firesale and get what they can for someone like Aaron Jones or hope he fetches a nice compensation pick.

Let all of those mid to lower tier "Rodgers guys" like Bahk, Cobb, whoever that TE he irrationally loves is, etc. walk, and go to the youth movement.

Evaluate Love this year and see what you have. If he's promising (I mean, he won't be, but still) you keep him, and if he's not, you go all in with another QB in the 1st next year.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

It's worthless to argue with you, you're a Jets fan with absolutely no horse or insight in the Davante trade. Imagine trying to tell a diehard Packers fan who has an entire shelving unit of his mancave dedicated to Davante memorabilia/autos/photos how the Tae trade went down. 😂classic.

You just keep pumping out logical fallacy after logical fallacy but alright my guy. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

If they get rid of Rodgers, they should go all in on a firesale and get what they can for someone like Aaron Jones or hope he fetches a nice compensation pick.

Let all of those mid to lower tier "Rodgers guys" like Bahk, Cobb, whoever that TE he irrationally loves is, etc. walk, and go to the youth movement.

Evaluate Love this year and see what you have. If he's promising (I mean, he won't be, but still) you keep him, and if he's not, you go all in with another QB in the 1st next year.

The GM is inept and forced the horrible situation we are in now. I'm hoping Rodgers agrees to the trade so we can get some draft picks and when/if Love shows he isn't the answer we are able to fire Gute and do a hard reboot. 

8 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:
11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Remind me… who beat who in the playoffs? I get that Rodgers is a better QB, but that has a tendency of not being the case come playoff time.

I forgot it was Jimmy G vs Rodgers in the playoffs. It's not like they had twice the defense, better skill players and special teams. Shockingly bad take 

Fair take - now, tell me which one isn’t going to cost multiple picks and an AAV north of $40mm, and is familiar with the coaching staff that originated from San Francisco?

That a good enough take for you? Because it seems like logic is abandoned at times here, so I have to resort to bad takes to get the good takes to sink in.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Here's a GREAT breakdown again for those who don't understand the leverage GB has:

https://youtu.be/79HLFnPZfSU

I'm sorry but what exactly does this prove? It's still generalizing, and at no point do they mention the fact that there's still no other true trade suitor. There is no need to overpay here, especially when the Packers have a sense of urgency to see what they have in Love, like Banner mentions. I don't think JD is gonna flip a switch overnight and start mortgaging his future to save his job. Generally speaking, JD has been great at preserving, stockpiling, and hitting on draft picks. He's not going to be operating the mentality that someone else other than himself is gonna be drafting for the New York Jets next year, especially if he hits on a Rodgers trade. 

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Fair take - now, tell me which one isn’t going to cost multiple picks and an AAV north of $40mm, and is familiar with the coaching staff that originated from San Francisco?

That a good enough take for you? Because it seems like logic is abandoned at times here, so I have to resort to bad takes to get the good takes to sink in.

Jimmy G has ties to LV and Hou. NY is not an option for him. He's going to end up in one of those two places, let's be real.

The Jets aren't willing to pay a 60m bonus to Rodgers, imagine the Lamar signing bonus + fully guaranteed deal? I don't think they're realistic suitors there.

That pretty much leaves Jameis, Dalton, maybe a trade for Stafford or Tanny? Stafford's elbow might be done, and Tanny's magic carpet ride is clearly over.

This is the best option for the Jets and they know it, that's why they filled a private jet up with fuel and flew across the country. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I was strictly talking about the two players ability, obviously Rodgers is going to cost more draft capital (We'll be paying a good chunk of his salary as well) Why are the jets so in on Rodgers when their staff is familiar with Jimmy G and he'd cost less, at least in terms of draft capital? Because Rodgers is a much better player. Jimmy G's best years are career lows for Rodgers. 

Edited by PackFan13

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Love will lead a better offense in '23 than Rodgers in '22. Your evaluation of Bakhtiari as "mid to lower tier" indicates the level of understanding you have of the talent on GB outside of Rodgers.

It's going to be fun seeing everyone realize how much of the problem Aaron was in GB :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jimmy G has ties to LV and Hou. NY is not an option for him. He's going to end up in one of those two places, let's be real.

The Jets aren't willing to pay a 60m bonus to Rodgers, imagine the Lamar signing bonus + fully guaranteed deal? I don't think they're realistic suitors there.

That pretty much leaves Jameis, Dalton, maybe a trade for Stafford or Tanny? Stafford's elbow might be done, and Tanny's magic carpet ride is clearly over.

This is the best option for the Jets and they know it, that's why they filled a private jet up with fuel and flew across the country. 

You really think Houston is going to go with Jimmy G over Bryce Young or CJ Stroud then you're even more delusional than I thought.

LV clearly is looking to draft their next guy too... 

Yes Rodgers is the best option but not the only one. Meanwhile who else is GB trading Rodgers to? Answer: no one.

7 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Every other QB on the market is meaningless when you're talking about Baker Mayfield, Jimmy G & Eat a W Winston. The only one of any real relevance in that supposed plethora of available quality QB's is Lamar Jackson and sure the Jets could offer him a contract that he may sign but even then, it's dependent on the Ravens unwillingness to match that contract and is no guarantee. 

I'm not saying you're wrong in the overvaluation of what some Packers fans are expecting for a return, in that aspect you are correct. I'm simply saying you're wrong in the sense that this make-believe plethora of QB's diminishes the need for Aaron Rodgers for the Jets. 

The fact is, the Jets need/want Aaron and the Packers need/want to unload Aaron. They both equally need one another and because of that, I don't think you're going to see GB get a haul, but I also don't think you're going to see them get ripped off. You'll see a well-balanced and fair trade for both parties involved, and life will go on for both teams. 

Which is all an entirely reasonable take.  I'm just addressing this mythical world where the Packers are going to get a first+.  This is why I said the likely return will be a 2nd and a conditional pick, in line with the Favre trade 15 years ago.

• Like 2

Just now, incognito_man said:

Love will lead a better offense in '23 than Rodgers in '22. Your evaluation of Bakhtiari as "mid to lower tier" indicates the level of understanding you have of the talent on GB outside of Rodgers.

It's going to be fun seeing everyone realize how much of the problem Aaron was in GB :)

We have a group think in our forum of guys like this. They think 300k posts combined make them right. A year removed from back to back MVPs, playing with a broken thumb and no weapons (aside from Watson who is going to be a stud and came on late) wasn't the factor, it was things like not spending time with the rookie WR's half his age or coming to camp earlier would have somehow turned chicken **** into chicken salad. 

6 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

I was strictly talking about the two players ability, obviously Rodgers is going to cost more draft capital (We'll be paying a good chunk of his salary as well) Why are the jets so in on Rodgers when their staff is familiar with Jimmy G and he'd cost less, at least in terms of draft capital? Because Rodgers is a much better player. Jimmy G's best years are career lows for Rodgers. 

Our staff is more familiar with Rodgers at this point. Rodgers worked with Hackett. 

Rodgers is clearly better, but he's also 39. That can't be overstated.

10 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I'm sorry but what exactly does this prove?

Prove? Nothing.

Outside of the fact that anyone who thinks the Packers don't have leverage doesn't understand business, I suppose.

Compare your (everyone, generally, not just you specifically) take against Banner's. 

People on this site hate the Packers, so the collective opinion about their dealings are hilariously bad most of the time.