Kellen Moore has been FIRED… and HIRED

matt79511

22 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I am not opposed to moving on from Kellen.

That said, I do fear a combo of MM and Schotty running the whole show on offense would be a downgrade. Hope they prove me wrong, but it feels a bit Mike Nolan-ish on offense right now.

Right. Add Nussmeier to the mix and I’m not sure this is anything other than a lateral move.

I like KM but he hit his ceiling with the Cowboys.  We shall see how KM performs with SD. A team with better WR than the cowboys have. While I agre Dak failed us in getting past SF again it is just interesting that again there is not a thread here that will not get derailed by Dak hate

37 minutes ago, quiller said:

I like KM but he hit his ceiling with the Cowboys.  We shall see how KM performs with SD. A team with better WR than the cowboys have. While I agre Dak failed us in getting past SF again it is just interesting that again there is not a thread here that will not get derailed by Dak hate

How many 1k WRs did the Chargers have this year?

1 hour ago, quiller said:

It’s an endless cycle. Threads get derailed to Romo sucks, we need the next guy. To, we should have gone back to Romo. To Dak sucks, we need the next guy. Will eventually be replaced by how much the next guy sucks and waxing nostalgic about Dak.

It’s the Sisyphean punishment of being a diehard Cowboys fan on internet message boards. 

34 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It’s an endless cycle. Threads get derailed to Romo sucks, we need the next guy. To, we should have gone back to Romo. To Dak sucks, we need the next guy. Will eventually be replaced by how much the next guy sucks and waxing nostalgic about Dak.

It’s the Sisyphean punishment of being a diehard Cowboys fan on internet message boards. 

When I was a kid, we didn’t have Cowboys message boards. But I had a Troy Aikman doll. The head and all four limbs were velcro. So as the game progressed you could rip the doll apart. I miss that doll

• Like 3

3 hours ago, quiller said:

This will be an interesting case study on how much of the blame falls on McCarthy, Moore, or Dak. If the Chargers’ offense succeeds and Dak continues to struggle, then we’ll have more compelling evidence to prove that Dak was the problem.

However, if Dak thrives under McCarthy’s WCO, then it proves that Moore’s system was not well suited for Dak, which I think is/was part of the problem. Dak’s skill set was not a good fit for Moore’s offense, so perhaps a more QB friendly system like a WCO will help Dak from making the same repeated mistakes that he made previously.

Edited by plan9misfit

31 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

How many 1k WRs did the Chargers have this year?

I would say 2 Mike Williams and Keenan Allen but they were injured a lot this last year. They both had over 1100 yrds “2022. Until Lamb shied some promos this year I consider them both better then Lamb it Coop for that matter. They also have a Pollard like RB who is closer to Zeke in power.  But maybe not as “quick”. As Pollard  (1500 yards from scrimmage last year) Don’t use a TE much had under 600 yards.  Herbert of course is considered a god by media and the like but has zero “big” wins like another unnamed QB according to everyone.  SD doesn’t have a great OL but it is better then average. SD also has a good 3 in Palmer who filled in well. Last year. 

Personally after reading all the info and between the lines of Quinn getting a pay day KM saw the writing on the wall and realized HC of Dallas was not in the cards so he decided to move laterally into a situation where he could move up to head coach easier then with Dallas and Dallas let him go.   

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

This will be an interesting case study on how much of the blame falls on McCarthy, Moore, or Dak. If the Chargers’ offense succeeds and Dak continues to struggle, then we’ll have more compelling evidence to prove that Dak was the problem.

However, if Dak thrives under McCarthy’s WCO, then it proves that Moore’s system was not well suited for Dak, which I think is/was part of the problem. Dak’s skill set was not a good fit for Moore’s offense, so perhaps a more QB friendly system like a WCO will help Dak from making the same repeated mistakes that he made previously.

While this might seem straight forward it can be difficult to define success. As a Cowboy fan success will always be superbowl or bust.  There can be no question that Dak has had plenty of success in reg season leading a top 1-2 offensive team when playing while having sporadic success in playoffs 2-3 really good games 1 average and 2 utter failures.  Thus this success will be measured by how far they get in the playoffs.  SD though has almost zero playoff history and that was an utter failure with Herbert who did play okay or average.  I don’t see KM having much effect in SD.  They have always had a steady 2nd their offense and if healthy should have again.  Can KM bring better results in the playoffs should they make it. Again next year I put SD as a top 6 team. KC Cincy Buffalo.  Then Titans ravens if healthy then Jags and SD and who ever like the Jets  Denver Raiders Miami battle it out. 

NFC repeat from last year. I put us ahead of Philly based on schedule only if no major injury.  SF is next then shall see as any one of many could challenge.  I understand people say what about this but matchups are important and for what ever reason we struggle against SF I think their strength on D just matches too well with what we try to do on O.  And unless we have a totally healthy OL we will struggle