Super Bowl LVII - Philadelphia vs Kansas City

Leader

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

After 2010, this is the arc we expected for Rodgers. Just never happened. 

There's a certain amount of luck that goes into it, Nick Collins suffered a career ending injury the next season, Woodson suffered was was pretty mucha career ender the next year. Our OC's son drowned in a frozen river 3 days before our 2011 NFC Divisional game. Rodgers broke his collarbone in 2013, the team failed him in 2014 and then the roster deteriorated after that.

I mean look at the luck Pat just had, back to back games his last second FG was setup by a 3rd down call by the refs.

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’ve always said it’s possible. You just need everything to go your way and for the QB to legit be worth it.

Dak, Rodgers, Cousins, Jackson, Allen… It’s not happening with a second or below tier QB.

Maybe Burrow could also do it. No other QB in the NFL right now could.

It’s going to continue. You’re either getting Mahomes or a QB on a rookie contract, or a second tier QB in a year where their cap hit is at or below that 13% range.

I’m honestly kinda relieved it happened so I can get back to discussing other things. I won’t have to harp on it hopefully because now we’ll have a healthy cap without restructuring Aaron’s contract every two years.

Paying Mahomes that % of the cap =/= paying the likes of Dak, Cousins, Carr, etc.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There needs to be a rule change for the playoffs that a call can be overruled by the booth official. 

The NFL was staring an all-time classic in the face and is just left with a resounding whoopy cushion fart noise instead. All of the coverage goes from an amazing game, to an absolute braindead officiating call.

It's insane how much air that call deflated from millions of fans.

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Thanks for tainting the SB yet again.  Just the worst call at the worst time.  Refs should never control the outcome of the game.  I am royally pissed.  

top 10 awful call. puts into question why we entrust our parents generation to referee the most important split second moments of our generation, same goes for government... gross. GTFO and retire somewhere warm if you're that old.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's insane how much air that call deflated from millions of fans.

I would have went on for years about how great of a SB that was, now I will only talk about how stupidly it ended.

GJ NFL, well done.

• Like 1