Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

A friend of mine wrote this:

https://www.fcsfansnation.com/stories/2018/12/17/hey-espn-ncaa-be-honest-with-yourselves?fbclid=IwAR2J5AgjLbbPSViuimpx6r1474ydFAI4eYQUfYl-CYBYi55kM9EGJ9Ymlt4

Secondly, I’d like to get into the debate of playing more games. As it stands now if you play in your conference championship and also play in the FBS championship, you’ll be playing a total of 15 games. Let’s take a look at the FCS. if you have a first round bye as a national seed and make it to the championship game, you are playing a total of...oh my goodness...15 games?!?! Funny how that works out. Now of course there are other variables in FCS, such as playing in the first round not as a national seed, or seasons like next year where the subdivision has 12 regular season games. But even still, are we REALLY going to quibble about one or two more games for a handful of teams? Trust me I am someone that genuinely cares about the health and safety of all athletes, especially those that are not being monetarily compensated, but I’m willing to bet that almost all college football players would do anything to play one more game with their teammates, especially for the chance to win a national championship. I say all of that to say, if you’re going to expand the playoffs in FBS to 8 (what I would like to see), you’re really adding one more game potentially for two schools, and even if you went to 12 or 16, it’s not that big of a difference. Besides, FBS schools have 20 plus more scholarship players than the FCS, and they’re apparently the “superior” athletes, and certainly have the superior facilities and support at the Power 5 level. The argument of too many games, is also a shallow one, at best.

On 12/31/2018 at 5:21 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

If the Bengals hire Hue Jackson it hold be my favorite thing ever

Mmmmmm. The offense he ran at UNC was in the mold of Chip Kelly. The offense was called at the line, and everything was hurry up. They ran the ball out of shot gun. That being said, he put up big numbers with Trubisky and Williams. Offense was never the problem...our defense was absolute garbage!!

• Like 1

Georgia lost a lot of offensive talent today- Josh Fields transferred to Ohio State.  RB Elijah Holyfield (son of Evander), WR Riley Ridley, WR Mecole Hardman and TE Isaac Nauta are all entering the NFL draft, and another freshman TE is transferring back closer to home.  This marks the second five star QB to transfer from Georgia, so I hope Kirby Smart made the right decision sticking with Jake Fromm.  

That being said, I'd love to see Hardman in a Redskins uniform.  He would finally give us the dynamic returner, and would fill our need for a slot receiver.  

5 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Meh,1 rush for 14 yards and 1 catch for 6 yards...

That's 20 more yards from scrimmage than anyone on the Redskins' roster has in the playoffs ...

• Like 1

We fire no one, Bruce is still in charge and we literally have no QB for next season. We killed our draft position by not continuing to play Mark Sanchez in meaningless games and the Cowboys are winning playoff games. This might be the worst season ever under Snyder. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The calls the cowboys have been getting in their favor this year has been hilarious. 

I think there was some ridiculous thread in NFL gen a couple of weeks ago about how the Cowboys are getting shafted by the refs. Needless to say, it did not go well.

• Like 4