Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

Jay Glazer 

A little @Eagles scoopage today: Philly very quietly made a change at defensive coordinator this week moving out Sean Desai to another position and replacing him with Matt Patricia. Desai remains with the team in different capacity but Patricia now runs and calls the defense @NFLonFOX

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 12:42 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Jay Glazer 

A little @Eagles scoopage today: Philly very quietly made a change at defensive coordinator this week moving out Sean Desai to another position and replacing him with Matt Patricia. Desai remains with the team in different capacity but Patricia now runs and calls the defense @NFLonFOX

And it didn't matter. If you don't have the talent at LB & S to be good to great on the back end it doesn't matter who your coordinator is. The coordinator can scheme up things, but he can't make plays for the players. We have learned this since 2010 with our D.

On 12/20/2023 at 1:50 PM, MikeT14 said:

I mean this guy is just a man's man. He's the type of guy who could hang out in the country at a bonfire party on Friday night with the offensive linemen & then hit the club in downtown ATL on Friday night with the linebackers, running backs, DBs & WRs, and mesh with everyone. Just a born leader that people gravitate to. 

I just wish he had Carson Wentz’s height & arm. If he did, he would've been our unquestioned starter since 2021.

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Watched most of the Raiders/Chiefs Game and the Raiders play really hard for Antonio Pierce. I know the players love him and want him to be the HC going forward and if M.Davis doesn’t hire him you can add his name to the list of candidates. Not necessarily for us, just in general.

A big qualification that people miss is that your head coach, first and foremost, is the leader.  If he isn’t afraid of not being the smartest person in the room, not being afraid of not calling p;lays, etc, that’s the guy I want.  

• Like 3

On 12/13/2023 at 6:20 PM, Slappy Mc said:

This is awesome man! Hope she gets a call back and super awesome that she was stoked for herself and enjoyed it. 

So it was kinda what we feared. She did well in her callback. But got another part in what is called the "Lead Ensemble" (she has a role/speaking part and will be mic'ed up where the rest of the ensemble isn't).

There were like 29 girls and almost all of them were trying out for the same part. She said that there were two other girls there who were on par with her in terms of the audition. And they ended up getting the part (two casts meant two parts).

Those girls were 8th graders this year and in their 7th grade year were "Lead Ensemble" roles. So we kinda figure that the director knew what he was getting with them and the fact that they were close meant that seniority got the edge. They also did the director's musicals over last summer so he was very familiar with them.

We also pointed out to her that she was the ONLY 6th grader called back. Which is an achievement because of the fact that they recognized her talent and brought her back.

And we pointed out that the other girls used the secondary role last year and parlayed it to a lead role this year (*). So we promised her voice lessons, etc...

And we also painted it as a getting your feet wet thing where she can have a role without the pressure of having to perform the solo. And with seasoning up front on stage this year, maybe she will get to that lead role next year (backup QB sitting for a year).

So all in all, my daughter is pretty chill about it right now. She might get a bit mad when rehearsals start up when she comes home and says "she is NOT better than me", but we'll try to keep her focused and to have her not display that attitude when she is at rehearsals and to focus that energy on getting better so that the next time she tries out, it's already a done deal.

Thanks to everyone following this. I know it's not the typical sports stuff we do here, but I do appreciate your encouragement and kind words and well wishes for her. She's a good kid and has done so well this year with everything that has gone on. Hoping for a better outcome next year.

(*) my wife informed her that back when she was in 8th grade she was able to audition for her High School's musicals. She said she performed better than a girl who was a sophomore, but lost to her and was lead ensemble. Then when she was a freshman, she also lost to that same girl (now a junior). But once my wife was a sophomore and that girl was a senior, my wife won the roles she competed against her. And got the lead roles the next two years until she graduated. 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 8:38 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Watched most of the Raiders/Chiefs Game and the Raiders play really hard for Antonio Pierce. I know the players love him and want him to be the HC going forward and if M.Davis doesn’t hire him you can add his name to the list of candidates. Not necessarily for us, just in general.

I don’t think Davis can let ANOTHER interim coach go, especially after both interim coaches outperformed their predecessors.  

• Like 1

@Thaiphoonthat is awesome news!  And you know what, the investment on that will lead to her happiness and a great group of people to know through middle and high school.  Also, that investment will likely lead to some college scholarships and certainly less expense (for you) than the people who chase lacrosse scholarships all over the country and don’t get full rides at that.  

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

@Thaiphoonthat is awesome news!  And you know what, the investment on that will lead to her happiness and a great group of people to know through middle and high school.  Also, that investment will likely lead to some college scholarships and certainly less expense (for you) than the people who chase lacrosse scholarships all over the country and don’t get full rides at that.  

Thank you! She's doing well in soccer, also. But I think her talents lie more in the Arts than in sports. We're encouraging both to ensure she's well rounded. But yeah, I have zero illusions about college sports scholarships.

• Like 1

Adam Schefter 

Change in Denver: Broncos’ HC Sean Payton has informed his team that Jarrett Stidham will start Sunday vs. the Chargers, with Russell Wilson as the backup, per sources.

With a 1-3 record in the last four games, Denver is looking to spark its offense and see what it has in Stidham.

Sending RW a message or wants to improve their draft position or taking lessons from RR. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF