Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

On 4/25/2021 at 5:32 PM, turtle28 said:

Actually unions every time choose safety over $. Safety on the job and getting a living wage for workers is mostly what the union movement was built on in the late 1800s & the first half of the 1900s.

Unions in general, yes, but players unions haven't really followed the normal model.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I remember most fans thinking Kirk Cousins was the reason Doctson wasn’t developing and wasn’t as good 4 years ago.

How’s their thought process look now? 😂 🤦‍♂️  

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Humblebrag, but @PARROTHEADi am down in St Lucia right now. You ventured over here in your travels in the area?

Id have to dig through my old schedules. But been there a couple times I believe. Think my longest stretch there was probably just a couple days. Id work 10 hour shifts so they wernt pleasure trips to be able to go out and explore much. Barbados was our mainstay destination when working the islands. Been there a good 8-10 times for good stays.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 5:29 PM, turtle28 said:

😢

As a guy who swears counciling and educating myself after 10 serious level head injuries I was thankful he finally hung them up. I love this game but these horrors are real!!! I’ve missed work and the amount of time they take to get back from and the different side effects and how long they last I just pray this guy has a great team/ family support system because I want to see this guy thrive outside of football. Sadly injuries derailed his gifts but he has generational wrath and I hope he heals and has an amazing life after football and grows and rebuilds himself from the trauma these injuries cause. But as I’ve seen first hand personally you can with real focus and support heal and thrive after these head injuries.

• Like 2