Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2023 selections finalized

HerbertGOAT

30 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

Yeah I think two of Holt, Wayne and Johnson both go in next year. It's definitely a weaker year and you could convince me Peppers could be first ballot, but it's not a guaranteed case. Considering the final 5 cut this year were Wayne, Holt, Albert Lewis, Johnson and Jared Allen, It's obvious the logjam exists due to split voting. Not having extremely strong candidates allows the voting committee to push candidates who have been waiting a while. Lewis's last year of eligibility was this year.  (Holt, Wayne, Allen, Willis etc are all in play) 

I'm going to put in an early guess that next year's class will be Holt, Johnson, Allen, Willis and Hester. It's the perfect time to get Hester in as well.   I was one off from my guess for this year as I had Johnson over Barber. But I had Barber going in next year, so I'm switching him and Johnson. I would not be surprised if they push all three wrs in next year considering the logjam is only going to keep getting bigger. ( If you look at the semifinalists for this year you add 3 more wrs as well in Ward, Steve Smith and Boldin

2024 - Holt, Andre Johnson, Allen, WIllis, Hester

2025 - Wayne, Freeney, Anderson, Peppers, Kuechley(First year eligible)

My completely uneducated guess is that most of the WRs get in but Devin Hester gets screwed.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

My completely uneducated guess is that most of the WRs get in but Devin Hester gets screwed.

It's possible, he was in the final 10 last year and the final 15 this year. No one has ever been in the final 15 and didn't make it in eventually, unless it was their last year of eligibility. It's coming soon. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

It's possible, he was in the final 10 last year and the final 15 this year. No one has ever been in the final 15 and didn't make it in eventually, unless it was their last year of eligibility. It's coming soon. 

I hope so. The 5 man class with 32 team crunch is really starting to get real. If the backlog doesn't come down significantly in the next 2 years there are some no-brainer candidates who are going to have to wait for senior committee induction.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, seriously27 said:

Yeah I think two of Holt, Wayne and Johnson both go in next year. It's definitely a weaker year and you could convince me Peppers could be first ballot, but it's not a guaranteed case. Considering the final 5 cut this year were Wayne, Holt, Albert Lewis, Johnson and Jared Allen, It's obvious the logjam exists due to split voting. Not having extremely strong candidates allows the voting committee to push candidates who have been waiting a while. Lewis's last year of eligibility was this year.  (Holt, Wayne, Allen, Willis etc are all in play) 

I'm going to put in an early guess that next year's class will be Holt, Johnson, Allen, Willis and Hester. It's the perfect time to get Hester in as well.   I was one off from my guess for this year as I had Johnson over Barber. But I had Barber going in next year, so I'm switching him and Johnson. I would not be surprised if they push all three wrs in next year considering the logjam is only going to keep getting bigger. ( If you look at the semifinalists for this year you add 3 more wrs as well in Ward, Steve Smith and Boldin

2024 - Holt, Andre Johnson, Allen, WIllis, Hester

2025 - Wayne, Freeney, Anderson, Peppers, Kuechley(First year eligible)

There's no way Julius Peppers isn't in first ballot. Gates is probably in first ballot too. Ngata may wait a couple years but not too long IMO. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Danger said:

There's no way Julius Peppers isn't in first ballot. Gates is probably in first ballot too. Ngata may wait a couple years but not too long IMO. 

I just don't think he is guaranteed first ballot, and Gates for sure isn't guaranteed to be a first ballot HOF. Only one tight end has ever gone in on the first ballot, and Tony was definitely better than Gates. I could also make an argument that Dwight Freeney is a better DE than Peppers, and he didn't get in first ballot either. I think they are 100% deserving and it could happen, just looking at the trends I think it's unlikely. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Ngata may wait a couple years but not too long IMO. 

Ngata is an interesting case. I think if he gets in, he'll have to wait. As an interior player he didn't put up sacks, he only has 2 all-pros. Obviously he was great at what he did. Of Ravens defenders, I would want to enshrine Suggs before Ngata IMO. 

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 10:36 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I hope so. The 5 man class with 32 team crunch is really starting to get real. If the backlog doesn't come down significantly in the next 2 years there are some no-brainer candidates who are going to have to wait for senior committee induction.

I'm not sure there are an average of 5 HoF players in each draft class