Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2023 selections finalized

HerbertGOAT

7 minutes ago, mse326 said:

1. senior candidate so had no impact on Willis votes

2. "Guys like Joe Klecko"? You mean one of the best and most versiatile d-lineman in history. Basically ever OL he faced said he'd have been among the best at a position if they had left him there. Pro bowl at 2 different positions and 1st team all pro at 2 (DE and NT, not even just DT). And should have been DPOY in 1981.

Perfectly reasonable to say Willis is the better player but the way you said it way undervalues if not disrespects how good Klecko was.

Yeah I meant no offense, mostly just awestruck that Pat keeps getting overlooked.

That was a poor way to express it, I didn’t mean to tear someone else down to build someone up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

Coryell was a great offensive mind but not a great HC 

Well they call it the Hall of Fame for a reason. Coryell’s offense was revolutionary and influenced so many other HCs and teams. He unfortunately also had to deal with the Charger curse.

3 hours ago, GW21 said:

Yeah I meant no offense, mostly just awestruck that Pat keeps getting overlooked.
That was a poor way to express it, I didn’t mean to tear someone else down to build someone up. 

Voters are hung up about the short career but he'll get in for sure as his peak puts him right up there as an all-time great and he was pretty much an All-Pro from his first play to his last.    

Thomas, Revis, and Ware were no doubters.

Zach Thomas is one of my all time favorite players (non Browns edition) and is past due.

I’m a bigger Ronde fan than many and believe somehow he’s become underrated. He was a good cover guy, versatile, willing tackler and blitzer.

Willis will get in and I understand the frustration there.

3 hours ago, August4th said:

Next year's class looks weak for first ballots. Good year to get some guys who've been waiting in. 

Could be a good year to get the three WRs off the ballot and into the Hall. Gotta make room for when Larry Fitzgerald jumps the line.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Could be a good year to get the three WRs off the ballot and into the Hall. Gotta make room for when Larry Fitzgerald jumps the line.

Yeah I think two of Holt, Wayne and Johnson both go in next year. It's definitely a weaker year and you could convince me Peppers could be first ballot, but it's not a guaranteed case. Considering the final 5 cut this year were Wayne, Holt, Albert Lewis, Johnson and Jared Allen, It's obvious the logjam exists due to split voting. Not having extremely strong candidates allows the voting committee to push candidates who have been waiting a while. Lewis's last year of eligibility was this year.  (Holt, Wayne, Allen, Willis etc are all in play) 

I'm going to put in an early guess that next year's class will be Holt, Johnson, Allen, Willis and Hester. It's the perfect time to get Hester in as well.   I was one off from my guess for this year as I had Johnson over Barber. But I had Barber going in next year, so I'm switching him and Johnson. I would not be surprised if they push all three wrs in next year considering the logjam is only going to keep getting bigger. ( If you look at the semifinalists for this year you add 3 more wrs as well in Ward, Steve Smith and Boldin

2024 - Holt, Andre Johnson, Allen, WIllis, Hester

2025 - Wayne, Freeney, Anderson, Peppers, Kuechley(First year eligible)

• Like 1