Steichen gets Colts HC Gig, Gannon goes to AZ

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Good for Shane, he did a hell of a job here. 

Also, congrats to Brian Johnson on his inevitable promotion to offensive coordinator. 

Yep, being able to totally swap what we were doing when teams really tried to stop something was a great trait to have.

Hopefully Johnson can do the same and bring in some more wrinkles.

23 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Just throwing salt in the wound. Remember, we were 2-5 w/ Siri as playcaller before going 23-8 w/ Steichen.

This wasn't all because Shane was the play caller. Let's not pretend that last years roster wasn't complete trash at the skilled postions while the entire team especially Hurts was learning a new offense. Let alone the Defensive struggles.

It's a lot easier to play smashmouth football and limit your own passing game when attempting to complete passes to scrubs WR like Reagor, JJAW, Hightower and Ward. Whether that was a collective decision or just Shane's,  we'll never know?

Steichen absolutely deserves credit but I don't except the notion Sirianni would automatically suck as a play caller given this roster and Jalen taking the next step forward! 

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Although I will say, nothing like losing the super bowl and then losing all your coaches. Just doesn't sit with me well.

I hate it, especially when the SB winner keeps their staff intact for what feels like Mahomes’ whole career. We should stop hiring young Fresh coordinators, only go for old guys or red flags so they don’t get poached lol.

• Like 1

I have faith Shane will have success in Indy if they can move up and get their QB this year. I have very little faith Gannon is going to be a successful hire in AZ. Their situation is bad and I just don't think Gannon is a good enough coach to succeed their.

Best of luck to both of them. Now we just have to pray that somehow Vic will come here and shun the Dolphins for real. Last I checked he still hasn't officially signed in Miami right? Cmon Vic.... you know you want to....

I would guess Marcus Brady probably goes to QB coach, with Brian Johnson moving to OC

For DC

Dennard Wilson might just get elevated on defensive. Chris Harris was with some of them in SD/LA, with the Titans now. Reports Jerod Mayo wants to go out on his own away from the Pats, they liked him as a HC candidate.