The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Also, I’m going to float an unpopular opinion here. Something I may not even agree with but…

Kelce should retire. Are we better with the $15M and Jurgens starting or no? Kelce is still playing all pro ball but he’s awful expensive for a C and we have a seemingly capable, albeit lessened, C right behind him. There’s an argument to be made if Jurgs can slide to RG and we keep the band together one more year. Also, we have a hole at RG if Kelce retires. That would be an issue as well. But I can imagine feeing up $15M would be awful useful while the drop off at C shouldn’t be disastrous. 

Logically: Yes

Illogically: How dare you.

Eagles are definitely in a unique and weird spot where a lot of our old dudes are still really good so it's hard to justify just dropping them but we will always worry about the cliff they might fall off of and  the money they cost.

Edited by Daimonas

Our whole draft is kind of dependent on Kelce and Seumalo. This is all assuming we will not be able to bring back Seumalo. If Kelce retires then you know Howie is going to spend a 1st round pick to replace Seumalo. If Kelce stays for another year, then we kind of need Jurgens to play RG for a year and hope he can play it at a high level because we really need to use our first 3-4 draft picks on defense. I cant really think about any mock drafts or what we should do during the draft until we know whats happening with Kelce and Seumalo. One thing however seems to be a must, and thats trading back from #10. Picking up another 2nd and 3rd rounder would really helps us out.....if Howie knew how to draft of course.

2 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Our whole draft is kind of dependent on Kelce and Seumalo. This is all assuming we will not be able to bring back Seumalo. If Kelce retires then you know Howie is going to spend a 1st round pick to replace Seumalo. If Kelce stays for another year, then we kind of need Jurgens to play RG for a year and hope he can play it at a high level because we really need to use our first 3-4 draft picks on defense. I cant really think about any mock drafts or what we should do during the draft until we know whats happening with Kelce and Seumalo. One thing however seems to be a must, and thats trading back from #10. Picking up another 2nd and 3rd rounder would really helps us out.....if Howie knew how to draft of course.

Don't stress.  He will draft for the future, and sign some 1 year guys with void years in 2024.

• Like 2

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Slay has been given permission to seek a trade. 

Last chance at a solid payday. The eagles want to restructure him and aren’t likely to give him said payday, so I get it.

they’d probably move him for an early 4 if they can get it. Considering the next team will have to give him a new deal.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Last chance at a solid payday. The eagles want to restructure him and aren’t likely to give him said payday, so I get it.

they’d probably move him for an early 4 if they can get it. Considering the next team will have to give him a new deal.

Yea, I gotta imagine the Eagles approached him to restructure or even take a pay cut. I really don’t see a market for a 32 year old corner looking for money. Doubt anyone bites.