The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Hearing Slay is getting released. 

Not one to take victory laps. Especially when I think it’s making our team worse but I told ya’s id be weary if I was slay after that JB signing. 

This does free up some cash for CJGJ though. 

Edited by Jroc04

Just now, downundermike said:

The only way this can work is post June 1 release.

Pre June 1, 22.4 million dead, 3.7 saved.

Post June1, 8.6 million dead, 17.5 saved.

Yeah I just came in to say that. I assume we're June1sting him.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'll gladly give up a 4th round pick for a player who could be a big contributor during a title run. Even if it doesn't work out. In 2017 it did with Jay Ajayi.

My mantra has always been, hold your cards very close, don't play hands that aren't likely to win you anything, but if you see your opportunity you absolutely need to bet big and go for it.

Yeah gambling a mid round pick on a potential difference maker in the middle of a SB contending season is a move I want Howie making 10/10 times. Quinn turned out to be a flop, sucks, but I thought it was a promising move and don’t think anybody should be losing sleep over it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The only way this can work is post June 1 release.

Pre June 1, 22.4 million dead, 3.7 saved.

Post June1, 8.6 million dead, 17.5 saved.

Weren’t you just telling me he wasn’t going anywhere? 

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'll gladly give up a 4th round pick for a player who could be a big contributor during a title run. Even if it doesn't work out. In 2017 it did with Jay Ajayi.

My mantra has always been, hold your cards very close, don't play hands that aren't likely to win you anything, but if you see your opportunity you absolutely need to bet big and go for it.

I rather we screw up for being overly aggressive than conservative. I agree. 

Nothing wrong with questioning moves, either being trading for Quinn, releasing Slay, throwing an INT. No one is above questing. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Weren’t you just telling me he wasn’t going anywhere? 

If the Eagles wanted to create cap space for signings, I said his and Lanes contract are the only ones to restructure.

He has to be a post June 1 cut, or the Eagles only save 3 million and leave 22 million dead.

If it is post June 1, the Eagles can not spend that cap until June 1.

Just now, downundermike said:

If the Eagles wanted to create cap space for signings, I said his and Lanes contract are the only ones to restructure.

He has to be a post June 1 cut, or the Eagles only save 3 million and leave 22 million dead.

If it is post June 1, the Eagles can not spend that cap until June 1.

Yes but it would have us be cap compliant though.

Damn that stinks, Slay was fun to have around. I wonder what # we were trying to restructure him w/ and why things fell apart? Clearly he’s seen that this is a soft CB market, he won’t get much more than he could’ve got here. Unless it was always Slay OR Bradberry in our eyes. If that was the case though I would’ve stuck w/ Slay just to avoid the dead cap.