The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

Suh came in and held his own and was a solid depth piece last year, but I like the battle for the 5th DT spot between Street, Tui, and Ojomo. I dont think anyone is going to sign Suh anyways so he'll probably be in the same spot last year and he'll be ready for a team desperate for DT depth in the middle of the season.

Don't see a reason why keeping 6 DT is out of the question (one of them being Suh)

Suh is a guy who can come in and will make a couple of big plays a game as rotational guy and probably have more of an impact.

My Front 7 right now would be:

(10) (Reddick/Smith at LB)
DE Graham/Reddick || T. Jackson/N. Smith
DT Cox/Carter || M. Williams || Ojomo
DT Davis/Carter || Suh
DE - Sweat || Ngakoue || M. Williams

(5 or 6)
SLB - Reddick || N. Smith
MLB - Dean || Elliss || FA?
WLB - Morrow || Elliss || FA?

(11)
CB - Slay || G. Williams || Ricks
S - Blankenship || Evans
S - Edmunds || S. Brown
CB - Bradberry || Ringo
Nickel: Maddox || McPherson

Definitely expect the roster to carry more defensive than offensive guys to start the year. The year will probably start pretty low at LB depth IMO.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Don't see a reason why keeping 6 DT is out of the question (one of them being Suh)

Suh is a guy who can come in and will make a couple of big plays a game as rotational guy and probably have more of an impact.

DT Davis/Carter || Suh

(5 or 6)

(11)
S - Blankenship || Evans
S - Edmunds || S. Brown
CB - Bradberry || Ringo

Definitely expect the roster to carry more defensive than offensive guys to start the year. The year will probably start pretty low at LB depth IMO.

Pretty light at LB.  I won’t be shocked if VanSummeren made the team.

39 minutes ago, Danger said:

DT Davis/Carter || Suh

(5 or 6)

(11)
S - Blankenship || Evans
S - Edmunds || S. Brown
CB - Bradberry || Ringo

I just dont think Suh is that guy anymore at this stage of his career. I would rather have Street and Ojomo make the team if they are going to keep 6.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

I just dont think Suh is that guy anymore at this stage of his career. I would rather have Street and Ojomo make the team if they are going to keep 6.

IDK, I don't think Street is gonna play a factor. Maybe he does, but to me he's definitely on the outside looking in at this point.

Suh is going to wait just like he did last year. He’s not going to be on anyone’s opening roster. He’s certainly not doing anymore TCs in his lifetime. He’ll wait for the right time to help a contender. Maybe us, maybe not. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Sup.  It is the NFL dead season, not a lot of chat going on.

Not much. Yea, that's why I don't go on here during the summer. I was bored and decided to stop by. Got this cool AJ Brown bobblehead my kids got me for Father's Day. Put it in my sports shelf next to Kobe and Bednarik

• Like 2

Bigger potential impact both short and long term if completed...

Trading say a 3rd or 4th for Budda Baker and his contract which probably gets Restructured.

Or

Signing Yanick Ngakoue to most likely a $7-10M one year deal type rental?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Trading say a 3rd or 4th for Budda Baker and his contract which probably gets Restructured.

Or

Baker makes a bit more sense long-term, but I can't see the FO investing a big contract in a safety, especially with how much faith they have in Reed Blankenship and Sydney Brown. Until they prove themselves on the field as full time starters though, safety is still the bigger need compared to DE.

Ngakoue on a 1 year deal however, sounds more realistic if we're guessing which of the two will actually happen.

I'm curious to see if we add any more linebackers though, since that position has gotten pretty thin with T.J. Edwards and Kyzir White gone. Are we really banking on Nicholas Morrow and Nakobe Dean to just pick up where they left off, without another veteran in the mix?

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 5:33 PM, Godfather said:

Not much. Yea, that's why I don't go on here during the summer. I was bored and decided to stop by. Got this cool AJ Brown bobblehead my kids got me for Father's Day. Put it in my sports shelf next to Kobe and Bednarik

I got a tuition bill.  

On 6/23/2023 at 9:53 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Or

Baker for both. Fixing the top of the depth chart at safety does a lot for how I feel about the Defense and what their ceiling is. Yanny is just another log on the fire. An injury at edge changes the need but right now there is way more impact and snaps to be had back at safety.

Yannick hasn’t stuck with the team, so I’d question him being a longterm piece. But needs at edge shift next year some. Regardless Budda would be the better longterm play.

This is also just on play, between the ears and off the field Baker has supposedly been a work hard leader type…. whereas Yannick has supposedly been more of an insular harder to read guy.

• Like 1