The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

There isn't a discussion to be had here. You aren't honest. You call yourself a Howie hater. You consistently always point out his flaws as if those are the things that define him while downplaying anything positive he has ever done. You frame him signing and trading for good players as accidents.

It is just silly that you are sitting here saying I am looking to defend him over everything when I am simply being objective and you are stuck bashing him whenever you possibly can even when it is absolutely made up.

The narrative is simple. You don't like Howie. You want Howie to look bad. You can say otherwise, but anyone with an ounce of honestly on this board can see it clear as day.

There isn't a discussion to be had and yet you feel the need to defend him from me and anyone else that says anything negative. You say I downplay anything positive and I have called him a master and praised his two best off-seasons in this very thread. I called myself a hater because everyone in here loves him and have done a 180 on him, not because of the things you say in your last paragraph. 

I don't even want him gone and think he is a good GM, I want him to be better and correct his shortcomings. We've seen in here "trust Howie/the process" as if the guy can't do no wrong, when he has shown us that he is more than capable of doing so. This tells me we didn't learn anything from 2020 and we lack long term memory. 

If it is so clear as day that I'm not honest, don't know why you bother replying to me and defend him so much. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This will definitely be one of Howie's hardest jobs to keep us competitive defensively. It isn't looking great and we have a lot of spots to fill. I won't panic over it and I hope he can get the job done, but there is gunna be a step back talent wise.

Oh we are definitely taking a step back talent wise defensively this year. Gotta hope young guys step up and hit on our picks and make some good vet signings that won’t count towards the comp pick formula. 

Hopefully Desai will get more creative than Gannon did and put players in better positions too.

25 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I know we won't be as talented -on paper-, but the doomsday vibes are just all totally off. Keep seeing the lists of who we could lose, as if it's something nobody knew was coming lmao

Where are you getting these “doomsday vibes” from?  Pretty much everyone agrees it’s a playoff team regardless of what happens in the next few months.  Aren’t people allowed to have varying degrees of concern with certain spots on the team?  This place is starting to display why there hasn’t been a lot of new posters recently.  Fall in line with 100% blind faith or be damned.  Fact is, there’s plenty of questions and possible holes for people to be justified with their concern.  But doomsday to me says they’re missing the playoffs or will have a losing record.   I don’t see anyone suggesting anything close to that.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Where are you getting these “doomsday vibes” from?  Pretty much everyone agrees it’s a playoff team regardless of what happens in the next few months.  Aren’t people allowed to have varying degrees of concern with certain spots on the team?  This place is starting to display why there hasn’t been a lot of new posters recently.  Fall in line with 100% blind faith or be damned.  Fact is, there’s plenty of questions and possible holes for people to be justified with their concern.  But doomsday to me says they’re missing the playoffs or will have a losing record.   I don’t see anyone suggesting anything close to that.  

I said Twitter. Read better. And if you don't like it here then leave.

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I said Twitter. Read better. And if you don't like it here then leave.

45 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I know we won't be as talented -on paper-, but the doomsday vibes are just all totally off. Keep seeing the lists of who we could lose, as if it's something nobody knew was coming lmao

Yeah, silly me.  How could I have missed that you said Twitter in the post about Doomsday vibes.  Duh.  

I’ll be here to mop up the tears.  Sorry to break it to you.  

2 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Am I the only one who thinks Panthers trade isn't THAT bad... Essentially got rid of two 2's and one first rounder... DJ Moore hurts but if you get your franchise QB, its big time

You really think a franchise QB is in this draft?   

1 minute ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Am I the only one who thinks Panthers trade isn't THAT bad... Essentially got rid of two 2's and one first rounder... DJ Moore hurts but if you get your franchise QB, its big time

Moore is really good, but ya if they get a legit starting QB it is always worth.

I think this move is a good sign for the Eagles. QB going 1 guaranteed and it is looking very likely they go 1-3 and maybe even 1-4. I'd expect Chicago to go OL at 9 currently. They don't need DB's but they do need DL. I am not too crazy about the DL that will be available after Anderson and Carter so this could be a good thing for us.

• Like 1