The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

How long do I need to wait officer?

Idk when we have a roster that might resemble what our team will look like September maybe?

Or maybe just realize that people can think there is a gray area between "it will hardly be noticeable" as you put it and "our defense is going to suck".

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Idk when we have a roster that might resemble what our team will look like September maybe?

Or maybe just realize that people can think there is a gray area between "it will hardly be noticeable" as you put it and "our defense is going to suck".

Or maybe our defense will suck

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Draft picks and FA pick ups dont work out all the time. You are going to sit there and honestly expect the defense to replace 7 starters? Maybe 8 if Slay gets traded.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

If our defense could definitely suck, then how is me saying it will suck an overreaction? 

If I said we're going to be good on D, would you have called that an overreaction? Or Is everything an overreaction until you've seen it already play out? Do I need to wait til week 11 to say our D stinks?

If you can't understand how saying this today is an overreaction there is nothing really to say.

Just now, ninjapirate said:

Draft picks and FA pick ups dont work out all the time. You are going to sit there and honestly expect the defense to replace 7 starters? Maybe 8 if Slay gets traded.

I am going to sit here and say "lets see what our defense looks like after the draft before I make a judgement of what they will be". Seems reasonable to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If you can't understand how saying this today is an overreaction there is nothing really to say.

I gave actual reasons for why it will suck. Give me reasons why it won't. "Let's see" isn't a reason.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

I gave actual reasons for why it will suck. Give me reasons why it won't.

You are just lost in the sauce brother. I never claimed our defense won't suck. I never claimed they would be good or bad. I simply said it is to early to say they are going to suck.

Really, really hard concept.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You are just lost in the sauce brother. I never claimed our defense won't suck. I never claimed they would be good or bad. I simply said it is to early to say they are going to suck.

Really, really hard concept.

It's not though.

8 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I feel like we go through the same cycle every off-season; slow the first cycle, picks up second cycle and everyone's tone changes. 

I just have a gut feeling that current Suh would now be our #1 DT instead of our #4 DT, and Big Play Slay is probably just Occasional Good Play Slay now.

Also, the 1st year of a new coordinator running a new scheme is usually not pretty. This is not a typical offseason. I don't think teams typically lose/replace over half their starters on D.

Edited by Jeezla