Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 25 - Taco Bowl XXV Posted!)

TheKillerNacho

2 hours ago, Kingram said:

Another ridiculous loss. Kind of annoying. 

Looking at that game as objectively as possible, I didn't think it was that crazy.

I thought BG was incredibly unlucky in the first half. A drive that stalls on the goal line before halftime, a lost fumble, etc... I feel like, if I were BG, I'd enter the second half believing that I'd have to get some luck my way.

In the second half, it still didn't go completely BG's way: fumbles appear pretty fluky, and, in a game where each team fumbled once, you happened to recover yours. The safety was wild, but Carr even missed the 2PT. (Admittedly, I'm not a fan of Cousins in real life, and sim Cousins is frustratingly good at times. Him finishing a game inc-inc-inc-int felt "right", although that's just my anti-Cousins bias talking.)

Heading into the game, I expected to see a recovered onside kick and an erased 21 point 4th quarter deficit, or some comparable madness. I came away from it feeling that each team was a bit lucky at times, and that a mediocre QB did mediocre QB things when the game mattered most.

(On the bright side, me saying all of this will lead to sim Cousins having the game of his life Week 10. I look forward to Cousins-Evans absolutely destroying me.)

Q3, 13:42, 1st & 10 on the RJ 13: Kareem Hunt rushes up the middle and stuffed for a loss of 1 yard. Tackle made by Cameron Heyward.
Q3, 13:04, 2nd & 11 on the RJ 12: Patrick Mahomes underthrows his receiver, and his pass is intercepted by Jessie Bates at the RJ 23.

Possession now belongs to the Reykjavík Direwolves.
Current score is Reykjavík Direwolves 10, Rio de Janeiro Pirates 28. 

Q3, 12:50, 1st & 10 on the RJ 23: Antonio Gibson rushes up the middle for a gain of 1 yard. Tackle made by Bobby Okereke.
Q3, 12:17, 2nd & 9 on the RJ 22: Lamar Jackson has his pass tipped at the line by Kenny Clark, and it is intercepted by Alex Anzalone at the RJ 10.

SadDefensiveBlackrussianterrier-max-1mb.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Embarrassing amounts of luck to start this game:

Q1, 9:22, 1st & 10 on the SCR 13: Aaron Rodgers does not see the defender, and his pass is intercepted by Tyrann Mathieu at the SCR 16. Returned for 16 yards. Touchdown. Justin Tucker's extra point good. 

Possession now belongs to the Wattsville Waste Walruses.
Current score is Wattsville Waste Walruses 10, Scranton Papermakers 0. 

Q1, 9:11: Justin Tucker's kick to the SCR 10 returned by Adoree' Jackson for 38 yards. 

Possession now belongs to the Scranton Papermakers.
Current score is Scranton Papermakers 0, Wattsville Waste Walruses 10. 

Q1, 9:03, 1st & 10 on the SCR 48: Aaron Rodgers passes to the middle of the field and completes to D'Andre Swift for 6 yards. Fumble on the play, forced by Alexander Johnson, recovered by Alexander Johnson.

31 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Is there some fumble slider I'm not aware of? This is the second game I've lost because of fumbles - I have the most fumbles in the league and I just don't even know what's causing it. Absolute trash RNG. 

Aggression plays into fumble chances, and each player's attributes do too.

• Like 1

Road dogs! 5-0 away from Indy.

Very pleased with a 5-2-1 start in what I was expecting to be a rough year given my lack of draft capital… However, I’d imagine I’ve had 1 of easier schedules to this point, not to mention some truly outrageous fumble luck:

Predators

Fumbled: 9 (Per Game: 1.12) 
Fumbles Lost: 0 (Per Game: 0.00) 

Forced Fumbles: 10 (Per Game: 1.25) 
Fumble Recoveries: 8 (Per Game: 1.00) 

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

• Like 3