Rate this Trade that Will NEVER happen

PrplChilPill

21 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

If I was convinced that Bryce Young was a generational QB I would, but I'm not. I would definitely do it if I knew next year's 1st was going to be #1 overall and I could get Caleb Williams.

Who says you’d have to draft a QB. 

They could, hypothetically turn the #1 pick into more picks by trading down. 

For example, Minnesota sends 1st overall pick to Indianapolis for the 4th overall pick and Indianapolis’ 2025 1st rounder. The Vikings draft Anderson or Carter at #4. 

They would then have Chicago’s, Indianapolis’, and their own 1st rounder in 2024. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Who says you’d have to draft a QB. 

They could, hypothetically turn the #1 pick into more picks by trading down. 

For example, Minnesota sends 1st overall pick to Indianapolis for the 4th overall pick and Indianapolis’ 2025 1st rounder. The Vikings draft Anderson or Carter at #4. 

They would then have Chicago’s, Indianapolis’, and their own 1st rounder in 2024. 

I'm just not for giving up the best offensive non QB in the NFL unless I'm getting the future of the franchise. I understand why someone might want to do it, but Jefferson is a generational player and I think it would cost more for me personally to make that move.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Ya, I didn't want to have a thread about trading JJ, because I don't want to trade him....but I plan to do a few more of these, because what else is there to talk about right now.

I don't believe this is the time to trade JJ.  Check back with me in 5 years when he's pushing 30.  Since his game doesn't rely on speed, he'll likely still be extremely effective then, so that would be the better time to unload him.  It would be fine to move him ala AJ Brown, but, I don't think the Vikings are any longer like Tennessee, and reliant on the rushing attack. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I don't believe this is the time to trade JJ.  Check back with me in 5 years when he's pushing 30.  Since his game doesn't rely on speed, he'll likely still be extremely effective then, so that would be the better time to unload him.  It would be fine to move him ala AJ Brown, but, I don't think the Vikings are any longer like Tennessee, and reliant on the rushing attack. 

Hence "trade that will never happen".... :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

to be clear, this trade MIGHT happen in an alternate universe, but not this one. I'm not interested in discussing if it is realistic.....

IF this did happen, how would you feel?

Las Vegas gets:

Cousins, Cook, Thielen, MN 4th and 5th the next two years. (note, not sure MN has those picks, but whatever)

MN gets:

LV picks in rounds 1-3 the next two years. 

Getting out of two bad contracts and getting 6 picks in the top 96 is intriguing. 

3 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

to be clear, this trade MIGHT happen in an alternate universe, but not this one. I'm not interested in discussing if it is realistic.....

Las Vegas gets:

Cousins, Cook, Thielen, MN 4th and 5th the next two years. (note, not sure MN has those picks, but whatever)

MN gets:

Mixing the JJ trade into this thread about a trade to the Raiders is messing me up. Trading the best WR in the league that is a generational talent to the Raiders is too familiar. 

However, since the question is how I would feel if that happened, the answer to that question is that I would feel far better than had I traded away the best WR in the league and a generational WR talent for Troy Williamson and Napoleon Harris.

Since your trade doesn't actually include JJ, my feelings would be bittersweet. I would miss seeing Cousins, Cook, and Thielen in purple.  I do believe that the bitterness would be fleeting. After an appropriate amount of grieving that feeling would give way to a sweet feeling of excitement as we focused on the draft. The excitement would be the overriding feeling until games are played again. 

From there, the results in games would overshadow feelings about the trade.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

Mixing the JJ trade into this thread about a trade to the Raiders is messing me up. Trading the best WR in the league that is a generational talent to the Raiders is too familiar. 

However, since the question is how I would feel if that happened, the answer to that question is that I would feel far better than had I traded away the best WR in the league and a generational WR talent for Troy Williamson and Napoleon Harris.

Since your trade doesn't actually include JJ, my feelings would be bittersweet. I would miss seeing Cousins, Cook, and Thielen in purple.  I do believe that the bitterness would be fleeting. After an appropriate amount of grieving that feeling would give way to a sweet feeling of excitement as we focused on the draft. The excitement would be the overriding feeling until games are played again. 

From there, the results in games would overshadow feelings about the trade.

Ya, no idea why some people want to change a thread all the time...thanks!

10 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Las Vegas gets:

MN gets:

Yes. Ideally I would finaggle to keep one of the four 4th/5th picks, though. 

9 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

How about this one;

Chicago sends
- 2023 1st (1st overall)
- 2023 3rd (65th overall)
- 2024 1st
- 2024 2nd

Minnesota sends
- Justin Jefferson

Yes. No question. I'd trade any player that wasn't a franchise QB or a Donald/Parsons player for this type of haul. Jefferson is elite elite, but one player simply can't have the impact that comes with four players of roughly projected ability of elite/solid/great/good.