2023: Offseason

onejayhawk

7 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Okay, someone who knows something about this guy tell me what I'm supposed to think.

He was one of my guys coming out of Texas, but he disappeared.   Maybe just a late bloomer.   

He’s long!!  Definitely in the mold of how Spags use to like his DE’s 

Edited by RedGold

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Okay, people I trust to be smarter than me seem to really like the signing, so I'm down. Curious if we want him to start or just want him to be a rotational piece, though. Could still look to the draft as well.

I’d imagine they’ll continue to throw bodies at the DL

One thing I will say, I do like our continued emphasis on youth. I think Thuney is the only guy we've really given money to in free agency that hasn't been like, 25. And that's at least at a position that ages super well. JuJu, Brown, Taylor, Reid, Omenihu, all our biggest acquisitions in recent years and all super young. We do add vets as well, but basically just the late offseason one year deal types.

Also, unless I missed it, I think this hasn't been posted:

I'm intrigued to see if we replace him. With our TE depth being what it is, and some of you wanting to add another on top of that, it may be more practical to carry an extra TE and flex one of them for the few snaps we use a FB anymore.

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

One thing I will say, I do like our continued emphasis on youth. I think Thuney is the only guy we've really given money to in free agency that hasn't been like, 25. And that's at least at a position that ages super well. JuJu, Brown, Taylor, Reid, Omenihu, all our biggest acquisitions in recent years and all super young. We do add vets as well, but basically just the late offseason one year deal types.

This might be a weird thing to like,  but I also like how we kind of give our main signings their own welcoming day, by only signing one a day.  Seems like it’s been that for 3-4 years now where we make 1 signing a day.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

No experience at LT?  Didn't he fill in for Ronnie Stanley when he got hurt and played LT which is where he got the idea of being a LT in the NFL from?  Pretty sure Taylor has never played LT before unlike Brown Jr, Brown was able to do it even though he is clearly better at RT, and I believe didn't he play LT in college but not totally sure on that.  They still won a Super Bowl last year and he did pretty damn well in that game I would say to a team which had what the 2nd most sacks in NFL history in one season?  

Maybe they do draft a LT but if they plan to move Taylor to LT that could be a pretty big struggle, and to me he would struggle more than Brown Jr did at that spot.  

I don't know what you want. The staff thinks that Taylor can transition to LT. 

I can say that he will have two advantages compared to Jacksonville. The first is Thuney. We saw last season the difference a quality OG next to a weak OT can make. Compare Wylie's play in SB LVII to SB LV.

The second is the coaching and the team environment. The Chiefs are a developmental They are good at identifying players who have untapped potential. We are already saying that Taylor's best feature is pass protection. Putting him at a position where the pas pro is the focus rather than the sideline is going to be helpful.

The worst case is that they have a RT that is an upgrade over last season.