2023: Offseason

onejayhawk

Honest question here. Would anyone want Brown back if his price wound up being driven low enough? He's clearly not getting what he wants. Let's say the market plummets because the league, as Schefter reports, does see him as a LT. What would his price have to fall to to justify bringing him back even after getting Taylor? That would be a crazy good OL.

2 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Follow up.........I looked Tunsil up online......I saw Tunsil listed as a Chief on Wikipedia? Another site had him as a Chief too......what's up with that?

I wouldn't think anything of it. Tunsil's tweet a few hours back seemed like confirmation he's staying in Houston. I think the news has just been slow to catch up, and a lot of the reports of our interest are based off of work we did prior to getting Taylor.

9 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I am just going on what team spokespeople are saying. They think that he can swing to the other end. OB Jr had almost no LT experience when we traded for him.

No experience at LT?  Didn't he fill in for Ronnie Stanley when he got hurt and played LT which is where he got the idea of being a LT in the NFL from?  Pretty sure Taylor has never played LT before unlike Brown Jr, Brown was able to do it even though he is clearly better at RT, and I believe didn't he play LT in college but not totally sure on that.  They still won a Super Bowl last year and he did pretty damn well in that game I would say to a team which had what the 2nd most sacks in NFL history in one season?  

Maybe they do draft a LT but if they plan to move Taylor to LT that could be a pretty big struggle, and to me he would struggle more than Brown Jr did at that spot.  

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Honest question here. Would anyone want Brown back if his price wound up being driven low enough? He's clearly not getting what he wants. Let's say the market plummets because the league, as Schefter reports, does see him as a LT. What would his price have to fall to to justify bringing him back even after getting Taylor? That would be a crazy good OL.

I don't think it's feasible down the road. The Chiefs have locked up 20 M$ a year over the next three years at OT with Taylor ... so even if it is a bargain deal year one - where does that go down the road. That's whhy I think all the Tunsil rumors are just pipe dreams.

6 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

I don't think it's feasible down the road. The Chiefs have locked up 20 M$ a year over the next three years at OT with Taylor ... so even if it is a bargain deal year one - where does that go down the road. That's whhy I think all the Tunsil rumors are just pipe dreams.

I'm just thinking if like, Brown has to settle for a one year deal to try the market again next year. I might take him back at a 1 year like $14M deal. Probably optimistic, but the money is already drying up out there.

5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I'm just thinking if like, Brown has to settle for a one year deal to try the market again next year. I might take him back at a 1 year like $14M deal. Probably optimistic, but the money is already drying up out there.

not going to happen .. he'll hit something north of 20 M$ per year on a 4+ year deal with substantial guarantees. Just not the 24 M$ or so he dreamt of.

28 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I could see us going for a 1 for 15 type deal but OB has is in his head to be the highest so I doubt he'd go for it.

1 hour ago, KC_Guy said:

not going to happen .. he'll hit something north of 20 M$ per year on a 4+ year deal with substantial guarantees. Just not the 24 M$ or so he dreamt of.

That would be sad, looking at what we paid Taylor.  I don’t love Brown, but was a known at least.

I wouldn’t mind it,  but I’m not sure Brown would do it.   Much like Eric B.   If he has bigger personal goals,  I’m not sure what continually coming back to KC is going to do.    He’s not going to get much better than going out how he did.  

1 hour ago, chiefs82 said:

WR market it $11 mm/year, my guess is Juju comes back at around $11-13 million/year

Saw that we were talking to Theilen, but now he’s going to Carolina to visit.  Not somebody that I feel like we needed to be the first in the hunt with but man, I’d like him to teach MVS how to catch the ball.

2 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

WR market it $11 mm/year, my guess is Juju comes back at around $11-13 million/year

He's definitely going to be cheaper than I expected, based on the WR contracts so far. Would happily take him back based on what Lazard and Meyers are getting.