2023: Offseason

onejayhawk

With the signings of Taylor and Omenhu the Chiefs gained a ton of flexibility in the draft. No really glaring holes left you couldn't plug with some post-draft signing. I think they will draft heavily with a view to 2024 - and not so much for the 2023 season.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Okay, people I trust to be smarter than me seem to really like the signing, so I'm down. Curious if we want him to start or just want him to be a rotational piece, though. Could still look to the draft as well.

I think it’s a flexibility move.  Could start, but he’s better a as a piece.  With a 2 year deal I think we’ve made it so we can, yet again take BPA.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

We did Fortson yesterday and Townsend a few days agi. I wonder what the hold up is with Buechele and Tega Wanogho. 

Buechele is likely coming shortly.   Isn’t Tega a RFA?  Wouldn’t shock me if they didn’t tender him and tried to get him back cheaper.  Low RFA tag is expensive 

They also signed Wharton for 2023. That means two DT under contract. I don't think Nnadi will get the contract he hopes to get. 

I really like the Omenihu signing. He was a rotation player on an elite DL. If nothing else, he can be that here. With him, Danna, and Karlaftis we have most of the DE snaps accounted for. There is always someone like Carlos Dunlap around.