Commanders finalizing contract details to hire Eric Bienemy as OC/AHC

MikeT14

22 hours ago, -Hope- said:

honestly, rivera looks worse than anyone in this situation lol. how on earth do you not answer that question with "we deal with change every year, each season is a new season and i'm confident eric and the players are on the same page" and just end it right there? ever heard of coachspeak, my guy?

He tells the press everything. Almost like he anticipates meeting with the press as much as gameday

On 8/9/2023 at 10:25 AM, ET80 said:

That’s never been Riverboat Ron - which is probably why he continues to get opportunities. The lack of coachspeak is probably why he gets respect from everyone in the building he occupies.

While this EB thing is a rough look externally, sometimes you need to air out the dirty laundry vs keeping it all “in house”. It’s not what I’d personally look for in an organization I’m engaged with, I can see how it works for Riveria and this particular franchise (that’s just getting out of a toxic ownership relationship that hid a lot of dirty laundry from others). It’s not THE best Operating standard, but for Washington? It’s probably needed.

There’s something to be said about transparency - sometimes that acts like a cleansing fire that clears out the brush everyone gets tangled in, y’know?

I'd agree. I think there will be some.roster changes down the road too. 

With EB, there's high expectations. The staff, on paper, is really good. Maybe not great, but good. If they get on-field results, this all becomes a non-issue. 

• Like 1

EB always been a loud guy, when he was the Chiefs RB coach you could always hear him barking during TC, when he became Oc he quieted down but it seems he’s picked it back up in Washington

God Forbid a losing organization gets some tough love from a football coach lol. I’m rooting for him although i still think him referring to himself in the 3rd person is weird as hell, probably why his interviews don’t go so well with owners. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 12:58 AM, Chiefer said:

I’m rooting for him although i still think him referring to himself in the 3rd person is weird as hell, probably why his interviews don’t go so well with owners. 

That would explain a lot if EB was stupid enough to do that during interviews. I was laughing every time he talked in 3rd person, after the first. 

On 8/8/2023 at 1:55 PM, RedGold said:

Oh for sure.  It’s likely not for everyone either.  Most have likely seen Mahomes/Hill/Kelce get in heated arguments with Eric B on the sidelines during games.   I always enjoyed Eric B because when he was a position coach,  we could always count on his players being ready and tough as nails when they came in.   Some of the stars probably won’t like he’s just as tough on them..   just how I’ve always picture Eric being. 

I've heard that Eric B and Adrian Peterson used to have some fireworks when he was in Minnesota too, but Peterson went with it and used it to make himself an even better player.  For example, EB eventually cured him of his early habit of fumbling.

22 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

That would explain a lot if EB was stupid enough to do that during interviews. I was laughing every time he talked in 3rd person, after the first. 

Look Eric Bienemy gonna tell it like it is. Eric Bienemy don’t hold back any punches.