Commanders finalizing contract details to hire Eric Bienemy as OC/AHC

MikeT14

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yet everything you just posted means nothing since EB wasn't calling plays, wasn't responsible on game days for those offenses being top 3. That was Andy Reid! He was OC in name only. 

Kinda like Dallas's new OC Brian Schottenheimer , watching McCarthy run that offense. Name only!

OC design, gameplan, and create new plays on how to attack defenses. EB did that. Coach Reid and Mahomes and others have voiced that on camera. Mike Tomlin has an OC and a DC YET he still takes over playcalling at times. Some of you guys really don't know much and that's cool. To try making an opinion a fact is where it gets silly.

#Chiefs Andy Reid: "People say [Bieniemy] doesn't call the plays...he does. He literally calls the plays in there..."

Edited by armsteeld
  • Like 2

On 2/21/2023 at 7:50 AM, notthatbluestuff said:

His career kind of fizzled out starting with his time at the Chiefs, inactive for the playoff run; maybe he blames EB in some capacity.

He fumbled 3 times in limited touches. Always Held the ball like a loaf of bread and thought he could get away with it at 31. Reid and EB don’t play that, EB told chiefs legend, Jamaal Charles in his prime, that he’d bench him if he fumbled anymore. Some players, like Charles, take that sort of criticism and thrive. Others get benched and salty, like Shady. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

He fumbled 3 times in limited touches. Always Held the ball like a loaf of bread and thought he could get away with it at 31. Reid and EB don’t play that, EB told chiefs legend, Jamaal Charles in his prime, that he’d bench him if he fumbled anymore. Some players, like Charles, take that sort of criticism and thrive. Others get benched and salty, like Shady. 

KC is the place where washed up running backs go to get rings. Shady was mad about it. Gordon wasn’t. Be like Gordon.

• Like 7

Saw he was on tv today and I was like WTF is an OC on tv in the off-season for?!? I'm sure if I thought about it there are MANY people (Vic F.) who got overlooked for HC positions for a long time before getting an opportunity for one reason or another. (success everywhere they go) but 'something' about EB must be different to get so much press/media attention especially in February. Hummm I wonder what that is?!? Well he picked a place to really prove himself or end all the HC talk. 

PS. I'd rather have hired EB as the Raiders HC last year than McDaniels in hindsight. Gozer the Destroyer...

13 hours ago, G said:

Saw he was on tv today and I was like WTF is an OC on tv in the off-season for?!? I'm sure if I thought about it there are MANY people (Vic F.) who got overlooked for HC positions for a long time before getting an opportunity for one reason or another. (success everywhere they go) but 'something' about EB must be different to get so much press/media attention especially in February. Hummm I wonder what that is?!? Well he picked a place to really prove himself or end all the HC talk. 

PS. I'd rather have hired EB as the Raiders HC last year than McDaniels in hindsight. Gozer the Destroyer...

He's arguably the most well known OC at the moment that just switched teams in the offseason after winning the Super Bowl. I don't think it's THAT big of a leap. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dan33185 said:

Patrick can't even get simple math right though.

There should be no questions on how great of a man/coach Coach Bienemy is. His leadership has a direct impact on the player/person i am today! [Bieniemy's] 10+ years learning under one of the greatest coaches of all time [Andy Reid]..

Fixed it for you.