Commanders finalizing contract details to hire Eric Bienemy as OC/AHC

MikeT14

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Washington is desperate to get over the hump

I don't think Bieniemy's a good interview, but from Washington's side I think it makes a ton of sense and isn't desperate at all. They get a chance to evaluate the guy for an entire season more or less risk free, if they like him for HC great, if not hire someone over him whenever Rivera goes and he immediately gets furious and leaves. It's a step up for Bieniemy in title and responsibility, but he has no leverage now to get the big job in Washington. That's what my training wheels comment was about.

But in every thread people suggest that he has some incurable problem that will make him a good OC but non-starter as a HC. And it just makes no sense to hire him for this tryout job if that's the case.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I would like to formally request a comp pick for this title upgrade

Honestly going from a non-playcaller to a play caller with the AHC title should get a comp pick. That’s a promotion and there’s no doubt the Chiefs have put him in a spot to earn that promotion 

People act like this guy is entitled to be a head coach. I’ve never seen anything like it. Like did they interview him? Check his references? Run a background check? 

I can run an NFL team. Pick a coach? Kansas City has the best offense. His job title is offensive coordinator. IM A FREAKIN GENIUS

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm not sure how you can trust a "big commitment" from a franchise that is for sale and likely to hit the reset button in a year. Also, how badly did the Chiefs want him back. Weren't they giving him 1 year deals for the last few contracts?