Commanders finalizing contract details to hire Eric Bienemy as OC/AHC

MikeT14

58 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its still weird that he could end up being a Head Coach.

I still think of him as the guy who saved Chester Taylor's career and helped Adrian Peterson become a future HOF.

Peterson was a future HOF RB as soon as he entered the league. Didn’t matter who was coaching him. Actually, the most coachable aspects of his game, like pass pro and holding onto the ball, Peterson notoriously struggled with. Taylor was also held back as Jamal Lewis’s backup, he got an opportunity as a starter in Mn. wouldn’t call that saving his career, more having an opportunity to have one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Then why hire him as AHC?

I would understand passing entirely.

Because that's the only title he could be given to make a lateral move in the NFL under contract already as a OC, No?

Edited by Nabbs4u

I personally think it's a brilliant hire & understand why Rivera would do it & why Bienemy would want it.

If Rivera stinks it up in 2023, he's probably fired anyways. Why not get a Coordinator who's been in 3 SB's & won 2 of them in his 5 yrs there. Shrewd move by Rivera.

If Washington is successful with Bienemy? Bienemy either gets promoted to Head Coach in Washington by new ownership, or gets a Head Coach offer somewhere else.

One thing I’ve noticed about the media when they’re trying to guilt someone into hiring Bieniemy. They always say “the league” as an entity. None of them have the balls to actually single a team out and say, “how could ______ hire _______ over Bieniemy. Because then they might lose some of their precious access.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I personally think it's a brilliant hire & understand why Rivera would do it & why Bienemy would want it.

If Rivera stinks it up in 2023, he's probably fired anyways. Why not get a Coordinator who's been in 3 SB's & won 2 of them in his 5 yrs there. Shrewd move by Rivera.

If Washington is successful with Bienemy? Bienemy either gets promoted to Head Coach in Washington by new ownership, or gets a Head Coach offer somewhere else.

You think this about any and all Washington moves

13 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its still weird that he could end up being a Head Coach.

I still think of him as the guy who saved Chester Taylor's career and helped Adrian Peterson become a future HOF.

Peterson was going to be a HOFer regardless of who was the RB coach.

After EB left AP drastically cut down on the fumbles and won MVP.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1