Official 2023 Combine Thread

goldfishwars

29 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

Is Gonzalez a top 10 pick after the combine? CB1 before Witherspoon? 
Banks having an excellent day as well. Hodges-Tomlinson is criminally underrated. 
Such a great CB class it's insane

He always has been.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Did want to mention Bresee looked more like someone in the army than Andre Carter does. Something that needs to be investigated 

If I recall correctly, the military limits how heavy guys can be, including football players.

5 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Or GOOD group. They suck outside of Branch, Robinson, and MAYBE Joseph. I think one of Brown/Hellams will probably be good, but nobody I really like as sleepers. 

You don't like Jordan Battle?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:

Can some explain this 1st round Richardson hype, I’ve some mocks as high as 18. I just didn’t see that watching him in Florida.

I think it's just the combination of "very good tools" and the widespread belief that he's more raw than broken. "I'm the one who can fix him" is catnip for NFL evaluators.

43 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think it's just the combination of "very good tools" and the widespread belief that he's more raw than broken. "I'm the one who can fix him" is catnip for NFL evaluators.

Yes and he seems like a mature and hard-working kid. That’s why Allen maximized his ceiling and guys like Russell didn’t. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yes and he seems like a mature and hard-working kid. That’s why Allen maximized his ceiling and guys like Russell didn’t. 

I believe that this sort of thing matters, since I remember hearing Patrick Mahomes on the Daniel Jeremiah podcast during his draft year and being impressed about his honesty, awareness of his strenghts and weaknesses, and understanding specifically how to address them and subsequently was convinced that he was going to be a better NFL player than the other guys who came across as more manufactured or phony during their episodes.

After all, at some level with all draft prospects, you're betting on the kid.

• Like 1