Official 2023 Combine Thread

goldfishwars

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, he's an okay tight end but I never really got the first round buzz with him.  It's not a stopwatch position, but you don't pay a premium for average athletes.  Jason Witten was a 3rd round pick for a reason.

And this is a pretty good TE draft.  All-in-all, if a team wants a decent blocker and pass catcher he is there but I would think he is a day 2 pick

7 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, he's an okay tight end but I never really got the first round buzz with him.  It's not a stopwatch position, but you don't pay a premium for average athletes.  Jason Witten was a 3rd round pick for a reason.

Good comp for Mayer. I could see a team grabbing him as a reliable player in the late 2nd, but 1st round talk seems nonsense 

They’re not the same exactly the same player type as prospects but Micheal Mayer’s measurements and test are eerie similar to Zach Ertz’s. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s drafted in a similar spot.

Edited by TitanSlim

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

And this is a pretty good TE draft.  All-in-all, if a team wants a decent blocker and pass catcher he is there but I would think he is a day 2 pick

I think there's more than half a dozen guys that are good pass catchers and athletes that are very good day 2 picks. I don't know there's a sure-fire day 1 pick, but would not be surprised to see a lot of these guys playing a long time at a good level

55 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Best vertical ever for a QB, best broad jump ever for a QB, running one of the best 40s for a QB ever at 6'4 and 244. Athletically that is arguably the best combine for a QB ever.

This is true and extremely impressive. With that said, I don't give a damn about my QB *checks notes* being an elite jumper.

• Like 1