John Fox is still employed

G08

Pace should have fired Fox last offseason when he was going to move on at QB.

This is all on him.

I like Pace. But today is the day that I became okay with him being fired. I do not think he should be, but I will not argue when it happens. 

The only thing worse than a mistake is compounding that mistake. John Fox and Kevin White the never ending compound mistakes.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This is all on him.

I like Pace. But today is the day that I became okay with him being fired. I do not think he should be, but I will not argue when it happens. 

The only thing worse than a mistake is compounding that mistake. John Fox and Kevin White the never ending compound mistakes.

The roster was freaking awful when Fox took over, and I'm a firm believer in giving a coach 3 years to get the ship righted.

John Fox hasn't really done that, and now he's tasked with developing the #2 overall pick who Pace is hoping is a franchise QB.

He's a goner, I don't see us winning out and we aren't making the playoffs. Can he save himself at 8-8... maybe... but we're 3-6 right now.

VS Lions: Loss

@ Eagles: Loss

VS 49ers: Win

@ Bengals: Win

@ Lions: Loss

VS Browns: Win

@ Vikings: Loss

That's 6-10 from me

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I have the sneaking suspicion you don't like the coach?

What a crap game yesterday.  Anyone else have a sinking feeling ALL WEEK that the Bears would find a way to lose to whats left of the Packers?  On paper there was no reason or excuse but there was just a cloud of suspicion about this time finding some way the mess it all up.

What really stinks is the next coach is probably going to be tasked with restoring the confidence of a demoralized team and QB.  Wasted season. 

51 minutes ago, G08 said:

The roster was freaking awful when Fox took over, and I'm a firm believer in giving a coach 3 years to get the ship righted.

John Fox hasn't really done that, and now he's tasked with developing the #2 overall pick who Pace is hoping is a franchise QB.

He's a goner, I don't see us winning out and we aren't making the playoffs. Can he save himself at 8-8... maybe... but we're 3-6 right now.

VS Lions: Loss Win

@ Eagles: Loss Loss

VS 49ers: Win Loss

@ Bengals: Win Win

@ Lions: Loss Loss

VS Browns: Win Win

@ Vikings: Loss Win

That's 6-10 from me

7-8 wins from me at tops. Vikings could be resting their starters by then. 

50 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

7-8 wins from me at tops. Vikings could be resting their starters by then. 

Packers were without a lot of their starters too yesterday and Bears still found a way to lose.  Minny is always a tough place to play.  Going to be tough to pull out a W there regardless.

18 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Packers were without a lot of their starters too yesterday and Bears still found a way to lose.  Minny is always a tough place to play.  Going to be tough to pull out a W there regardless.

Same with Cincinatti.

The more i think about yesterdays game the more pissed off i get.  John Fox is not the least bit interested in 2018 bc he thinks he can play this close crap to hold onto his job.  

Next week im going to do a writeup on potential HC candidates bc there is no way Pace keeps Fox wants the final bell rings on the season

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

This is all on him.

Come on Windy. Most of us were expecting an improvement and let’s not fool ourselves there HAS been improvement. Yesterday notwithstanding our D is light years ahead of last year. EVERYTHING went wrong last year. Everyone got hurt to the point of record numbers of starter games missed. We used FOUR QBs. Sticking with Loggains is a much bigger problem than sticking with Fox IMO, and that may be a call they allowed Fox to make. Most HC get to choose their coordinators. Can’t fire everyone every two years. Not only is that not a recipe for improvement (see Cleveland) but what coach worth his salt would come to coach here if they’re turning over that quickly, especially with where we were when Fox/Pace got here? 

We can absolutely hang Pace with an underwhelming FA haul at WR but you wouldn’t find a GM in the league that wasn’t relying upon their top 10 pick WR being a key contributor going into year 3. He pinned a lot on Meredith and everyone here was touting Meredith as a probable 1000 yard WR after last year and he got hurt. Never been hurt before. **** happens sometimes. 

Don’t kid yourself though, if we came back and scored a TD at the end of that game and won in OT then you’d be in here talking corner turning and outside playoff shots. It’s hard for sure especially after a game like yesterday but you can’t be so reactionary. You’ve been touting franchising Fuller or giving him #1 corner money for a month. You still on that after yesterday? 

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The more i think about yesterdays game the more pissed off i get.  John Fox is not the least bit interested in 2018 bc he thinks he can play this close crap to hold onto his job.  

Next week im going to do a writeup on potential HC candidates bc there is no way Pace keeps Fox wants the final bell rings on the season

Please do!

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Don’t kid yourself though, if we came back and scored a TD at the end of that game and won in OT then you’d be in here talking corner turning and outside playoff shots. It’s hard for sure especially after a game like yesterday but you can’t be so reactionary. You’ve been touting franchising Fuller or giving him #1 corner money for a month. You still on that after yesterday? 

200.gif

In all reality if Fox is retained, DeFilippo becomes the most important coach to look at. Give him the *wink wink* deal that if he does well with Trubisky and the offense then he is the successor to Fox. Also he will need assured he has total control of the offense, and cannot be fired  or held back in any way by Fox.

21 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

In all reality if Fox is retained, DeFilippo becomes the most important coach to look at. Give him the *wink wink* deal that if he does well with Trubisky and the offense then he is the successor to Fox. Also he will need assured he has total control of the offense, and cannot be fired  or held back in any way by Fox.

If Fox is staying another year then no up and coming coach is coming to the Bears, it will be a repeat of the Martz and Tice years.

24 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

If Fox is staying another year then no up and coming coach is coming to the Bears, it will be a repeat of the Martz and Tice years.

I disagree. They know Fox is a dead fish (Lovie was entrenched and recently took Chicago to a Super Bowl game when they got here in 2010) and know Trubisky has more money going to him on his rookie deal than Fox's contract. Plus if they can make Chicago's offense worthwhile, you think they wouldn't get a HC opportunity elsewhere? We can block lateral moves and moves from positional coach to coordinators, but not HC opportunities. They also would know he has one year on his deal.

Also we got Gase and Fangio, who were both up and coming coaches. So I feel that Fox on his last year would have up and coming coaches salivating as they know he is a goner.

Archived