John Fox is still employed

G08

This is a performance based business.

If you do not react when people, coaches or players, fail to perform than you are accepting that. That becomes your culture and everyone becomes a little too comfortable and the edge comes off a little too much.

You make an example of Fox, it sucks for him, but every player in that locker room will get a serious dose of reality that the country club is over and that will hopefully carry into next year. Players should be afraid of the GM, they should be concerned for their job everytime they hit the field.

The last and only thing John Fox can do for the Bears now is be the example.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

He may not be respected much to us because of how he's done here the past 3 years but you can be sure that he is well respected in league circles by players and other coaches.

He was greatly respected when he was fired in Denver shortly after a Super Bowl appearance.  Just go back and look at the thread about the head coaching hires the year the Bears hired Fox most said he was one of the worse hirings.

Just now, topwop1 said:

That's what you think.  I didn't know that you had insider access to Halas Hall to assess the true feelings of the locker room.

The Rams are okay because they made the right hire last offseason not because they fired Fisher with a few games left in the regular season.  4 weeks does not change anything if the firing is inevitable and everyone knows it.

I was talking about in "league circle" and with other players.

I would hope our players care. Maybe they will realize how tenuous the NFL is when you lose and will chase wins a little harder.

The draft position, more than likely won't be effected. I doubt anyone is going to step in and win 3 games with this team.

But I guarantee you everyone will be walking around more afraid of Ryan Pace and everyone will be stepping up their performance knowing that job security is an illusion and that you may not get the Josh Bellamy 15 chances to redeem yourself.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

The draft position, more than likely won't be effected. I doubt anyone is going to step in and win 3 games with this team.

But I guarantee you everyone will be walking around more afraid of Ryan Pace and everyone will be stepping up their performance knowing that job security is an illusion and that you may not get the Josh Bellamy 15 chances to redeem yourself.

Players aren't stupid, they already know what's happening here and if they didn't realize that they need to play better to avoid being cut in the offseason then they wouldn't be pro athletes to begin with.  After all this is a performance based business.  Firing Fox now accomplishes nothing more than appeasing certain Bears' fans displeasure.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Last year Cutler's head went on the pike.

He was benched for Hoyer and Barkley. Fox even said in a press conference that if healthy Cutler wasn't getting his job back.

They used him to send a message to the team.

And the results of that were? It's a waste of time sending messages like this...the only message that should be sent is during the offseason where we clear out all the deadwood from coaches to players and start from a full fresh.

53 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

You just said you were concerned about the players having a losing mentality th elonger Fox is here but then you are saying we shouldn't feel concerned for them if they get upset if Fox were to be fired now?  Dude you're not making much sense here.  Just stop.

I'm frankly kind of puzzled as to why a discussion about whether Fox should be fired now has become so heated, considering everyone seems to agree that he should be gone within a month either way. As to your point, for what it's worth, I think the players understand Fox is history, it's simply a matter of when.

53 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The players have been checked out as well.

That is why the head goes on the spike. You want to suck, then there are consequences and people will have their feelings hurt. If the players want to be upset, great they are part of the reason his head is on the spike.

And therein lies the biggest problem in all this. It hasn't gotten nearly as bad as things were under Trestman--which was a historic surrender by a football team--but it is now bad, and the potential is there for it to get worse. Trestman should have been fired once the collapse became obvious, and that was with a veteran team. You allow that sort of thing to go on with a young team, you're playing with fire. Not only that, but if you have a team that has clearly checked out (and with no reasonable reason to maintain the HC) you're literally putting player's health and careers on the line...for nothing. You're also taking the risk of losing money from your fanbase--again, for nothing. 

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Adam Shaheen playing 9 snaps is inexcusable.

That is a 2nd round pick that you need in 2018.

That's why Fox should be fired. He wants to play Daniel Brown over Shaheen. He doesn't want to take any chances or throw the ball more than 20+ a game. 

45 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

And the results of that were? It's a waste of time sending messages like this...the only message that should be sent is during the offseason where we clear out all the deadwood from coaches to players and start from a full fresh.

70% of the workforce is going to still be here. I promise you there is value in the message.

There were major in game issues yesterday that a] hurt the teams ability to win, b] hurt the development of young players.

1. Mitchell Trubisky should have had the chance to lead a 90 second game winning drive. Instead John Fox CHOSE TO LOSE THE GAME. " We liked our block".

2. Adam Shaheen has barely played and he is a huge part of 2018 that needs reps.

3. Tarik Cohen-6 touches

3 of the most important players moving forward are not getting a chance to make plays.

Archived