John Fox is still employed

G08

7 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Oh he would have to sacrifice the guaranteed pay from his HC gig? I've never heard that before.

Why would he even have interviewed for the DC job with Washington then?

Knowing Dan Snyder he would probably have offered to pay him just as much lol.

Too much is being made of losing Fangio or Loggains if there’s a HC change. Have we already forgotten what happened the last time the Bears chose a head coach based on his willingness to keep one side of the ball intact?

trestman2.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=770

Some of you guys either have awfully short memories or didn’t learn your lesson.

33 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Too much is being made of losing Fangio or Loggains if there’s a HC change. Have we already forgotten what happened the last time the Bears chose a head coach based on his willingness to keep one side of the ball intact?

trestman2.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=770

Some of you guys either have awfully short memories or didn’t learn your lesson.

The new guy doesn't have to keep anything.

But if you are a young HC and you need to build an offense, I can't see that guy turning his nose up at Fangio.

In fact my guess is he would be thrilled to keep him over an unproven DC.

Guys... the way this defense is playing... how can we tell John Fox and Vic Fangio/Ed Donatell to hit the bricks?

Maybe we have to re-up each of them for 3 more years?

Question boils down to the offense and what we want to do with Loggains / Trubisky moving forward. If you can find an offensive minded guy to come in with a *wink wink* deal (unrealistic, I know) that he can take over the HC job after Fox's contract is up, would that be worth it?

How well the defense is playing really does not matter.

This entire thing is about Trubisky. Ryan Pace's job hinges on Trubisky and I doubt getting a game manager with the 2nd overall pick + is going to be a huge positive for his resume. 

I understand that you can win games with a great defense, but you are not having playoff success without a top 10 QB and nothing that Fox has shown indicates he knows how to develop that or that he even has any interest in it.

What if Arians is fired in AZ? Assuming he’s willing given his health issues (a big factor). Front office that didn’t hire him here is long gone, and he’d have a primo QB prospect to groom. Could he even take an OC/Asst. HC gig here if Fox is retained? 

19 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

What if Arians is fired in AZ? Assuming he’s willing given his health issues (a big factor). Front office that didn’t hire him here is long gone, and he’d have a primo QB prospect to groom. Could he even take an OC/Asst. HC gig here if Fox is retained? 

Fangio doesn't like Fox.

That tells me Arians would murder Fox.

I want a young offensive HC that can be around awhile. Arians no matter what is on his last coaching act.

10 hours ago, G08 said:

Guys... the way this defense is playing... how can we tell John Fox and Vic Fangio/Ed Donatell to hit the bricks?

Maybe we have to re-up each of them for 3 more years?

Question boils down to the offense and what we want to do with Loggains / Trubisky moving forward. If you can find an offensive minded guy to come in with a *wink wink* deal (unrealistic, I know) that he can take over the HC job after Fox's contract is up, would that be worth it?

Pretty damn easily. We are 26th in points per game. Over the whole game last week, the offense scored zero touchdowns. You don't tie yourself to the  first QB in the draft and pay him more than Fox to let Fox destroy his progression. The defense had an amazing game, but let's not pretend this is going to continue.

The offense has to produce, or Fox has zero chance. If Fangio stays and produces great, if not then offer Donatell the DC position. He's overdue and would be able to offer consistency.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am not convinced Dowell Loggains sucks.

I have no idea.

I sure would like to see him calling a game plan that has not met the John Fox seal of conservative/scared.

I am kind of in the same train of thought and the only way the Bears will know is if they fire Fox, but with the last two wins I don't see that happening until the end of the season.

Archived