2023 NFL offseason

Forge

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Which one, the jersey one or the 4th and 20 one? I think the one down thing is going to get passed eventually. The XFL already uses it

Both things…….my age might be showing here but why can’t they leave the game alone. Lol i know i sound like an oldman.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Both things…….my age might be showing here but why can’t they leave the game alone. Lol i know i sound like an oldman.

The 4th and 20 one seems great to me. I’m all for replacing kicking with actual football. Makes getting the first down still very difficult but allows for comebacks and eliminates the onside kick. I think John Bois included it in his Kickoffs are Bad segment back in the day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JIllg said:

The 4th and 20 one seems great to me. I’m all for replacing kicking with actual football. Makes getting the first down still very difficult but allows for comebacks and eliminates the onside kick. I think John Bois included it in his Kickoffs are Bad segment back in the day.

I'd be okay with it if you can't get an automatic first down if the defense commits a penalty during the play

Edited by jonnguy2015

1 minute ago, jonnguy2015 said:

I'd be okay with it if you can't get an automatic first down if the defense commits a penalty during the play

I get that. I do think that officials will swallow their whistle more often than not in those situations. They'll call the super blatant stuff, but for the most part I think it's going to be called like hail mary type plays 

2 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Nope. Gotta keep that in otherwise you just mug the receiver if you slip up and get a free do-over.

22 minutes ago, typecast said:

I think most of the changes the XFL are currently experimenting with will eventually make it into the NFL. I'm enamored with the extra point rule.

The XFL is a really good product too, I like the extra point idea, the onside kick alternative, challenge 1 thing/anything, love the XFL.

• Like 1