Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

On 4/1/2023 at 8:35 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Watson at his peak was unanimous MVP?

Watson's three years as a full time starter:

2018 - 4,165 yards (11th), 26 TD (12th)

2019 - 3,852 (13th), 26 TD (11th)

2020 - 4,832 (1st), 33 TD (8th)

His only year of "elite" passing production was in 2020 when he was just putting up volume stats for a 4-12 team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

You looked at the games, you know what I can show next. Also, Up 4 TDs against the Jets going into the 4th quarter qualifies as a blowout. Odd how you are using two games that weren't one score games to prove that he did well in one score games.

You wanted to exclude the 4 games that were the big blowouts. I did that (59-10, 49-13, 41-7, 42-6). Now you want to exclude the Jets game too. 

I guess your problem with Lamar in 2019 is that he was blowing out too many teams.

How about the Steelers game that they won by 3 and had 1 TD and 3 picks and 161 passing yards (70 rushing).

Congrats, you found his worst game of 2019. 

The 3 point win against the 49ers where he passed for 105 yards with a TD and ran 101 and a TD and lost a fumble.

That game was played in heavy rain, genius. 49ers only passed for 157 net yards. 

He had a great year. It just wasn't as great as you think it was. It also was one year, which isn't a "peak" or else Josh Gordon would be going in the HOF.

It was a truly great year. It was easily the greatest combination of passing and rushing efficiency by a single player over an entire season. 

54 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

It's useful to know that you think that if a QB throws for 272 yards with 2 TDs and 0 INTs, and rushes for 120 yards at 7.5 yards/carry, that's a game where the QB "didn't have good stats." 

Of course it's a good game and he had a great season but acting like passing for 208 yards per game and rushing for 80 per game really isn't all that much different from passing for 300 yards a game which is the standard of "good".

All that aside, it's still just one season that he hasn't come close to in matching. His last 2 seasons (24 games) his QBR (lol) is in the 50s. In those 24 games he passed for 5100 yards and 33 TD and 5 rushing TDs. Or less than Mahomes last season, which was a great season but not all time great like his 2018 season. Last season he combined for 5500 yards and 45 TD. Not an all time great season. Tell me more about Lamar's 4300 yard 43 TD season.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

My dude @Thomas5737 just beating him without remorse. 

The Apollo Creed vs Ivan Drago fight was more humane.

It’s more Frank Reynolds vs Rickety Cricket:

6QEi02.gif

But, yeah. No regard for human life, and I’m here for it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Of course it's a good game and he had a great season but acting like passing for 208 yards per game and rushing for 80 per game really isn't all that much different from passing for 300 yards a game which is the standard of "good".

All that aside, it's still just one season that he hasn't come close to in matching. His last 2 seasons (24 games) his QBR (lol) is in the 50s. In those 24 games he passed for 5100 yards and 33 TD and 5 rushing TDs. Or less than Mahomes last season, which was a great season but not all time great like his 2018 season. Last season he combined for 5500 yards and 45 TD. Not an all time great season. Tell me more about Lamar's 4300 yard 43 TD season.

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

• Like 1

I started this fire and I’m finna die on this hill.. Watsons peak>>> We all know running QBs career tends to end much earlier. Watson is an elite passer. He put eye popping numbers with cooks being his best WR IRRC. With not much behind him.