Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, 4thandInches said:

Another issue is there’s a lot of media heads who are pushing this Lamar deserves a Watson deal narrative. I’m sure he’s seeing it from home and it validates his absurd position to double down.

Jackson hasn't been very good the last couple years but.... He also doesn't have a criminal charge pending and dozens of civil sexual abuse charges pending so technically I would probably lean towards Jackson deserving more money and definitely guaranteed money than Watson got last year. On football alone, no. Everything considered, yes.

The problem being, Watson shouldn't have gotten what he got which is why we are here. 31 owners, well probably not the Texans owner they did well for themselves, so 30 owners were mad at what was given to acquire/re-sign Watson.

Lamar doesn't understand that one case of bad business doesn't set a precedent for all. Neither do some fans.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Dont do that bruh....the idea here is basically I should "shut up" when I clearly see a white quarterback get paid before a black one....and I probably will get banned from this website, for speaking on this issue as well.......the fact that I need to speak to you delicately when my people are the ones that are exploited is atrocious.... when they close this thread, and save your account while blocking me....what is the point?? Its just telling another black man to shut up while hyping up Seminoles 1......another native tribe

Just chill. I know that sounds like people are trying to shut you up but you can say what you want to say without saying it. Just be inventive.

Do you think Deshaun Watson was underpaid or overpaid last offseason as far as total contract and guaranteed money?

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Dont do that bruh....the idea here is basically I should "shut up" when I clearly see a white quarterback get paid before a black one....and I probably will get banned from this website, for speaking on this issue as well.......the fact that I need to speak to you delicately when my people are the ones that are exploited is atrocious.... when they close this thread, and save your account while blocking me....what is the point?? Its just telling another black man to shut up while hyping up Seminoles 1......another native tribe

Edit: Nevermind. I don't want to get banned.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

@MonserinNCit’s important to note that Daniel Jones and Lamar Jackson play for different franchises. I imagine if Jackson had been a Giant, he’d have gotten extended. Also, Lamar did get an offer, but he declined it. It’s all under the assumption that Watson’s untenable contract is what every upper echelon qb deserves. If every team did that though, the team would be hard pressed to sign or retain the talent necessary to win. I don’t want nor expect Fields to demand that kind of money or guarantees. But we’ve also never had a point in fields career where he was in a position to strong arm anyone. 

now for the reason I sought out this thread: what happens if a team like Miami tries to sign Lamar under the tag? Do they then send a 24 and 25 1st or are they disqualified for not having the current assets necessary 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

what happens if a team like Miami tries to sign Lamar under the tag? Do they then send a 24 and 25 1st or are they disqualified for not having the current assets necessary 

It’d be 24’ and 25’ picks. The Lions on the other hand, would keep their higher pick, give up 18 overall, and their FRP in 2024.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

It’d be 24’ and 25’ picks. The Lions on the other hand, would keep their higher pick, give up 18 overall, and their FRP in 2024.

Can the Lions instead choose to make it their '24 and '25 1sts? Or their '25 and '26 firsts? I've tried searching this and the search algorithm hasn't been able to get me there. I don't want to read the entire CBA to get the answer.

15 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Can the Lions instead choose to make it their '24 and '25 1sts? Or their '25 and '26 firsts? I've tried searching this and the search algorithm hasn't been able to get me there. I don't want to read the entire CBA to get the answer.

That would require Detroit to just for Lamar vs signing him to an offer sheet. Baltimore can trade Lamar anytime after he signs the the tag, for any compensation. Could be less than 2 FRPs. The new team then extends Lamar on the agreed upon deal.

I don’t think there’s an avenue where any team can sign Lamar to an offer sheet, Baltimore declines, and then the new team being able to defer the compensation to future picks. It’d have to be a trade. 

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

That would require Detroit to just for Lamar vs signing him to an offer sheet. Baltimore can trade Lamar anytime after he signs the the tag, for any compensation. Could be less than 2 FRPs. The new team then extends Lamar on the agreed upon deal.

I don’t think there’s an avenue where any team can sign Lamar to an offer sheet, Baltimore declines, and then the new team being able to defer the compensation to future picks. It’d have to be a trade. 

But why then doesn't Detroit have to give 6 and 18 if they sign him (before July 22)? I'm confused as to how it works with teams choosing which first rounders to send.

Edited by NudeTayne

7 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

But why then doesn't Detroit have to give 6 and 18 of they sign him (before July 22)? I'm confused as to how it works with teams choosing which first rounders to send.

The way it’s written, Detroit isn’t choosing. It’s the team’s original FRP. So for Detroit, they keep 6, and give up 18. For Houston, they’d give up 2, and keep 12.

The only time it wouldn’t be their original would be if they traded their FRP, and got someone else’s, like Denver. 

• Like 1