Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, EvilenFroggen said:

I hope this closes out any sympathy any of you have had for him. I think he colluded against himself. 

Brother, i’m not in that camp. Trust me.

Ive been a one man army in the Ravens forum saying he’s way overestimating his value and he’s been unreasonable with his demands 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

Ive been a one man army in the Ravens forum saying he’s way overestimating his value and he’s been unreasonable with his demands 

I didn’t think you were, but I know there have been some here who can’t believe a team wouldn’t give him a guaranteed contract without collusion.

Those people should look at your post and realize the guy isn’t just looking for “fully guaranteed,” he’s looking for the keys to Fort Knox.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

I didn’t think you were, but I know there have been some here who can’t believe a team wouldn’t give him a guaranteed contract without collusion.

Those people should look at your post and realize the guy isn’t just looking for “fully guaranteed,” he’s looking for the keys to Fort Knox.  

They won’t. There’s a large contingency of Ravens fans who are in the “yassss king, get every penny you can king, who cares about the billionaire owner’s money anyway king eat the rich” camp even though it’s a salary cap sport and they can’t understand that a majority of rational fans prefer players to play for less $ because that typically leaves more cap room for your team to be better in other areas lol.

Is what it is tho, he isn’t getting the mega deal he’s seeking (from anyone) so no reason for me to get worked up anymore about people on that side of the fence. Not gonna happen

• Like 1

Well let's see how much he plays on the Franchise tag. It seems pretty clear he is willing to sit our rather than play to risk his payday. 

I don't expect anyone to give Baltimore two firsts. It seems both sides are being careful not to say the wrong thing in case the eventuality is that he stays with the team.

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Well let's see how much he plays on the Franchise tag. It seems pretty clear he is willing to sit our rather than play to risk his payday. 

He was an idiot to play last year without a long term contract in place. ZERO CHANCE he suits up as a Raven before week 11, if he remains a Raven on that Tag! 

He'll go full Vincent Jackson, Trent Williams,  Jalen Ramsey esq' type injury excuses will occur. Believe that.

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He was an idiot to play last year without a long term contract in place. ZERO CHANCE he suits up as a Raven before week 11, if he remains a Raven on that Tag! 

He'll go full Vincent Jackson, Trent Williams,  Jalen Ramsey esq' type injury excuses will occur. Believe that.

And the team that rewards that deserves they’ll ultimately get. 

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

*two man

*looks stoically on*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not an idiot. He made 23 mil last year. That's probably more than his prior 4 years combined. Now he can afford to hold out into this season if he doesn't get an offer he likes.