Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

This is the best news ever for the Jets. If the Packers are asking for 2FRP... they can just tell them to pound sand and say we would rather pay for the younger option at QB.

Even if they aren't interested in Lamar they can act like they are super interested.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, General Tso said:

So remind me why the Jets shouldn't just jump on this instead?

No reasonable reason why the Jets should not be in on him. A true FQB and I have no issues with us giving up 2 1st for him. Even three if the Ravens match.

The Colts would be a good option as well but they are in a tricky situation. They could land a similar player in Anthony Richardson without giving out a big contract and additional 1st round picks. If I’m them, I go the rookie QB route.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is the best news ever for the Jets. If the Packers are asking for 2FRP... they can just tell them to pound sand and say we would rather pay for the younger option at QB.

Even if they aren't interested in Lamar they can act like they are super interested.

The Jets have already signed Rodgers' favorite targets AND Nathaniel Hackett lol they're all-in on Rodgers

• Like 1

"If you choose to bluff, you must be prepared to have your bluff called" 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't understand how the Ravens are fumbling a generational talent. They tried to make him the highest paid QB ever. Lamar is fumbling everything himself.

If only I had a yard... :(

You know, this is a valid point. I'll try to make this argument when I see her later today

Honestly, it’s hard to imagine Lamar playing for another team. I wouldn’t stress it. The Ravens will match and then try and smooth things out.

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

No reasonable reason why the Jets should not be in on him. A true FQB and I have no issues with us giving up 2 1st for him. Even three if the Ravens match.

Lamar has issues with cold weather. I'm not sure outdoor teams in cities north of Baltimore are that excited to sign him. 

I'm here for some good old drama series/ soap opera type ****.

NYJ postures about trading for Lamar.

GB grants permission to SF/ INDY/WAS to meet/ negotiate with Rodgers

In all reality, I kinda feel bad for the fans. Y'all had a very good thing going on and b/c of this one guy, it looks like it's going to crash as fast as it created.

Can these actions be looked at highly by other teams who may be interested in his services? Seems like a lot of extra baggage 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Washington may be tough. Not sure what the situation is for the pending sale. I'm not sure Jackson being there changes the sale price of the team, so there's no reason for Snyder to be willing to shell out any sort of signing bonus

It would be tough. My understanding though from rumors is that any signing bonuses from guys we signed don't kick in until May sometime.

Local beat guys are saying we're first and goal for the sale, so it should be soon, but maybe not imminently. Last minute bids, or final additions to shore up bids, are still coming in, so that could be part of the issue. 

I'm guessing, unless there's a handshake agreement for the sale in place, we're definitely out on Lamar ... for now. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I need advice on how to navigate this situation because this is so depressing.

Remember that you're a fan of the Ravens and not the Washington Whatevers. You should immediately feel better. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Lamar has issues with cold weather. I'm not sure outdoor teams in cities north of Baltimore are that excited to sign him. 

I dont think we’ll be his preferred destination. Just saying that he should be our preferred QB. Should have been from day 1. Always seemed a bit unrealistic. But cant help but think, well maybe…

Edited by SDotNova

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Jets have already signed Rodgers' favorite targets AND Nathaniel Hackett lol they're all-in on Rodgers

Until they aren't. Clearly there is an asking price they aren't willing to match to this point. Besides fake interest can get the job done all the same. They aren't getting him for free, just need some leverage to drive the price down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

The Colts would be a good option as well but they are in a tricky situation. They could land a similar player in Anthony Richardson without giving out a big contract and additional 1st round picks. If I’m them, I go the rookie QB route.

That’s like saying the Colts should pass on trading for Josh Allen because they can potentially take a similar player in Will Levis.

• Like 1