Pro Day Talk

nicfre2011

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Aaron Donald did 35 reps on the bench, would have been nice to see Kancey put some up.  Those 35 reps would have been #1 of any DL at the combine this year.   Better than any OL also outside of Vorhees who had 38.

There is something not clicking, those Kancey pro day numbers are amazing, but where was the production.  He was good on Pitt but Aaron Donald was dominating for years.  He almost had more TFLs in one year than Kancey had in 3 seasons combined.  Where are all the tackles?  Donald had almost 60 tackles two years in a row, the past two years for Kancey just above 30 each year.

If Kancey is this athletic why did he not dominate more than he did?  Maybe strength is an issue because everything else he beats Donald in terms of numbers athletically.  Why was Kancey not more impactful on the field?  Possibly with difference up tempo offenses that are short passing that hurt his production maybe...

Hope it was that, because if not maybe it is a strength issues and he cannot get off blocks as well as Aaron Donald did.  

How long are Kancey's arms?  30 5/8 and Donald 32 5/8, so technically it is harder for Donald to do the bench press than Kancey in that way, also might help Donald on the field with leverage but that is a hard call with arm length.  

You know you don't have to compare him to Aaron Donald, right? 

• Like 2

It might be an oversimplification or a lazy evaluation from me but after watching Anthony Richardson throw i saw what I kinda expected outta him and that’s inconsistency. Some throws were beautiful absolute dimes, then he showed off his inconsistency when throwing the football with some of his misses. 

I don’t really think he helped his case today nor did he hurt it, and that’s not a bad thing. 

I also wish the camera people were a bit better. I feel like the kinda dropped the ball a bit. 

Thinking about it a bit more he seems to be a really relaxed, laid back dude. I saw him smiling, talking a bit to people while throwing and I think that can be a big plus for him. Isn’t too uptight, thinks too highly of himself someone people want to be around. 

Edited by Sad People
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

Will levis gets some type of hate on their pro day 

richardson gets hyped 

it's against air, no pass rush

That’s cause Levis isn’t good and is a massive tool who thinks he’s hot stuff. Extreme ego.

Edited by DanMullen

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

As I expected Israel Abanikanda killed it at his pro day.  Just have to remind myself that the NFL guys already knew what was up, it's just the mock drafters that are catching up.  My RB3 right behind Bijan and Gibbs.

Skipped the agility drills, because he knows that's not his game. 

Long as he goes to a zone team, I am optimistic.

1 hour ago, massraider said:

Skipped the agility drills, because he knows that's not his game. 

Long as he goes to a zone team, I am optimistic.

Oh, you're 100% drafting him to run in his style more than to fit your specific scheme. Let him be him and I see a guy who has 1500+ APY.